Describing a gig as a ritual or black mass etc. Its a fucking gig.

I can't remember what festival it was, but I remember reading a review of Dissection. The band were standing with their back to the crowd being all evil (to be fair to Notvied, he was a genuinely nasty piece of shit) and as he turns to them someone pegs a teddy bear at the cunt.

"Official Videos" from nothing bands who are still at the demo stage.

Hard man metal, where the lyrics are all about how tough the lads are so you better not fuck with them  :laugh:

Northern Irish scene heads giving embarrassingly over zealous praise to their local bands.

Quote from: Ollkiller on January 18, 2020, 02:16:51 PM
Describing a gig as a ritual or black mass etc. Its a fucking gig.

Absolutely this, have to second the one about bands who are more of a clothing label than a band as well.

- Record Store Day
- Shit bands who don't focus on improvement, but just decide that everyone else in "the scene" is "against them."
- Any band name that immediately tells exactly what they sound like, i.e. doom and stoner bands continually using the words Iron, Electric, Bong, Weed and Wizard in their names
- Singers who stand in front of the stag rather than on it, trying to look intense

Quote from: kiehozero on January 18, 2020, 05:43:28 PM
- Singers who stand in front of the stag rather than on it, trying to look intense
Can't remember who it was but there was a support band at a gig where the singer jumped off the stage and into the crowd. Except the crowd was two people. Was screaming his vocals into one lads face, who turned and walked off, the other guy looked uncomfortable being the last person there so he went to the bar

Was pretty funny to witness

Quote from: Trev on January 18, 2020, 06:26:37 PM
Can't remember who it was but there was a support band at a gig where the singer jumped off the stage and into the crowd. Except the crowd was two people. Was screaming his vocals into one lads face, who turned and walked off, the other guy looked uncomfortable being the last person there so he went to the bar

:laugh: :laugh: That could well have been my old band. We played a gig in Co. Sligo one time. We didn't even get to play our 15 min set before the venue manager (a hotel) shut us down.

#22 January 18, 2020, 09:36:17 PM Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:38:58 PM by Eoin McLove
Yeah,  my interest in ultra raw BM is fairly low at the moment.  It has to have some particularly interesting quality to catch my attention and that doesn't mean limitation or added semen.

That was a reply to TheFlyingGiraffe

Quote from: Makeshiftatomsmasher on January 18, 2020, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: Trev on January 18, 2020, 06:26:37 PM

:laugh: :laugh: That could well have been my old band. We played a gig in Co. Sligo one time. We didn't even get to play our 15 min set before the venue manager (a hotel) shut us down.

Oh where was this? I've been at my share of gigs in Sligo that were sparsely attended.

This new thing of releasing a single from an EP. A pretentious way of saying we made a video for a song on our demo.

I have no issue with bands making videos at whatever stage they are at if it shows creativity and adds something.  Generic videos or lyric videos, zooming in and out of throbbing and shaking album artwork is another story. 

I've no problem with the video part. My issue is with the term "single from an EP". EPs don't have singles, albums have singles.

The idea that just because a band or an album is old they are legends or it's a classic.

There's a many a generic thrash album that came out in the 80's that gets called legendary for example.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 19, 2020, 01:08:19 AM
I have no issue with bands making videos at whatever stage they are at if it shows creativity and adds something.  Generic videos or lyric videos, zooming in and out of throbbing and shaking album artwork is another story.

Yeah that is absolute cack, but I guess they have to do something as YouTube is an important platform.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 18, 2020, 09:36:17 PM
Yeah,  my interest in ultra raw BM is fairly low at the moment.  It has to have some particularly interesting quality to catch my attention and that doesn't mean limitation or added semen.

I find it easy enough to digest a lot of super mediocre black metal personally, but yeah there is a lot of shit at the moment which is just carbon copies of each other. Black Plague Circle in Bosnia seems to be the trend at the moment with like Sulphuric Night, Vrac, Cave Ritual, Void Prayer. And while, they're cool bands, it's all super incestuous so when you hear one you basically hear them all.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 19, 2020, 01:08:19 AM
Generic videos or lyric videos, zooming in and out of throbbing and shaking album artwork is another story. 

What is it with this shit and metalcore? It seems like every metalcore band on the go at the moment is doing this. And they're all the exact same. Who watches this scutter?