Pure sound country lad I used to work with years ago said " I used to be into all that heavy shtuff. I musta worn out that fecking Meatloaf tape." Still get a laugh out of it.

A cousin told me before that he too used to listen to metal, that is until he heard The Stone Roses. Ugh!! The fuckin, stupid, cunting Stone Roses of all bands.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 10, 2020, 09:53:37 PM
Pure sound country lad I used to work with years ago said " I used to be into all that heavy shtuff. I musta worn out that fecking Meatloaf tape." Still get a laugh out of it.

A cousin told me before that he too used to listen to metal, that is until he heard The Stone Roses. Ugh!! The fuckin, stupid, cunting Stone Roses of all bands.

Don't knock the Roses man :) I've heard it said a few times that it was the prodigy that killed metal in the 90s but never heard someone having their head turned by the stone roses

Around the early 90s when photocopying guitar tabs was still a thing, my Mother was horrified to find the tabs for Dead Embryonic Cells in my room. "Some poor woman that lost a child could see that and it could upset her."

I fucking hate when that happens.  You're sitting in your house listening to music, minding your own business, and a total stranger walks in and gets offended. It always makes me feel so ashamed.

Quote from: Anton Arcane on January 10, 2020, 10:49:23 PM
Around the early 90s when photocopying guitar tabs was still a thing, my Mother was horrified to find the tabs for Dead Embryonic Cells in my room. "Some poor woman that lost a child could see that and it could upset her."

That's fucking hilarious, as if you're going to be hanging around maternity wards or abortion clinics learning to play a Sepultura song  :laugh:

Does bring me back to the days of having a stack of A4 paper in my room from printed out guitar tabs in my teens.... before I realised that I have the manual dexterity of someone who's lost several fingers to frostbite....

We used to have an RE teacher who would use entire classes to play us an audio tape of the book 'Devil's Disciples: The Truth about Rock Music' in the late 80's! The author was some US religious nutjob. Over the term this fucking tape was rolled out numerous times and he even started organizing gigs with local Christian 'metal' bands called shit like Noah's Ark to try and get us away from the evil of rock music - even Stryper were called out for being evil which is hilarious really!

Anyway - fast forward a number of years and the teacher got sent away for sexually abusing pupils! Cunt!!

Child abuse is grand as long as it's not Satanic.

Me and a mate were walking down the road one day and this young wan about 4 years of age was cycling towards us, the bike had stabilizers on it that's how young she was, probably had a little basket and a bell as well and ribbons on the handlebars. Anyway as soon as she gets to us, she roars "hippies!"

'Here lad, you know Nirvana killed himself, don't ya'?

My auld lad was having a nose through my CDs years ago, I must have been a late teenager - 'Hi get this shit out of my house'.

Quote from: northside hoop on January 11, 2020, 01:52:45 PMthis young wan about 4 years of age was cycling towards us, .... Anyway as soon as she gets to us, she roars "hippies!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Classic! That's pure gold!

I've gotten the phrase "you're actually a really nice person" or something along the lines of "you're kinda normal" said to me so many time by new work colleagues or people at random houses parties!
I always question people when they say something like this and ask them what did they think I was gonna be like!
Most people say "i dunno, just not nornal" however the best response ever was some lad said "well you listen to the Kill your Goldfish music so i thought you'd be talking about killing and stuff"

Needless to say all my non metal mates cracked up laughing so now if I'm off to a gig they just say "another Kill your Goldfish gig" :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: 101_North on January 11, 2020, 10:27:11 AM
We used to have an RE teacher who would use entire classes to play us an audio tape of the book 'Devil's Disciples: The Truth about Rock Music' in the late 80's! The author was some US religious nutjob. Over the term this fucking tape was rolled out numerous times and he even started organizing gigs with local Christian 'metal' bands called shit like Noah's Ark to try and get us away from the evil of rock music - even Stryper were called out for being evil which is hilarious really!

Anyway - fast forward a number of years and the teacher got sent away for sexually abusing pupils! Cunt!!

Read that book in RE class, brilliant book in a not meant to be funny way.
Anti Christ devils children, ACDC
Knights in Satan's service, KISS. 😂😂😂

One of my friends Dads pulled up beside us as young lads, rolled the window down and said 'Cheer up goths'! and sped away:)

Quote from: Caomhaoin on January 12, 2020, 12:37:40 PM
One of my friends Dads pulled up beside us as young lads, rolled the window down and said 'Cheer up goths'! and sped away:)
:laugh: