I just went to double check there and it's actually Eld that has the white tray (Frost has a clear traybeith text behind it, band logonand album title on the cover). My mistake, sorry but same question for Eld if anyone has it on CD.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
2
Metal Discussion / Re: Random metal related thoughts
October 07, 2026, 05:52:55 PM
To anyone who has Eld by Enslaved on CD:
What colour is the tray on yours? I bought it years ago and it came with a white tray, and the case didn't close properly. If it was a secondhand buy I'd think fair enough, the seller just swapped it around, maybe the orignal tray was banjaxed. I'm fairly sure I bought it new though, so I'm just curious.
What colour is the tray on yours? I bought it years ago and it came with a white tray, and the case didn't close properly. If it was a secondhand buy I'd think fair enough, the seller just swapped it around, maybe the orignal tray was banjaxed. I'm fairly sure I bought it new though, so I'm just curious.
3
Metal Discussion / Re: Now Playing
October 07, 2026, 05:49:40 PM
My favourite thrash album is 40 today, so there's only one choice this evening:
Nuclear Assault: Game Over
Nuclear Assault: Game Over
4
General Discussion / Re: Crime Courts Law
October 07, 2026, 04:33:20 PM
I'm curious as to what happens next, if she pulls through. As the lethal injection has been administered, does that count as the sentence having been carried out? If so, will she be free to go? I'm sure human rights organisations are having a field day with it.
5
General Discussion / Re: Non Metal Now Listening
October 07, 2026, 01:00:21 PM
Harvestman: Lashing The Rye
Robert Fripp & Brian Eno: (No Pussyfooting)
Robert Fripp & Brian Eno: (No Pussyfooting)
6
Metal Discussion / Re: Random metal related thoughts
October 06, 2026, 11:18:09 PM
They'd certainly be more of a draw for me.
7
Metal Discussion / Re: Sleep calling it quits (again) at the end of 2019 (?)
October 06, 2026, 10:58:02 PM
Well that's fucking awful.
8
Gigs and Festivals / Re: Fear Factory + Hate + Other Shite Support Dublin/Belfast 5th/6th October
October 06, 2026, 07:26:27 PM
No. As Eoin McLove said above it would be interesting if they did something different, even within the general area of FF but given the band name(s) they've chosen, I don't see that happening.
9
Gigs and Festivals / Re: Primordial / Towards The Sinister / Mourning Beloveth - 06/11/2027 - 3Olympia
October 06, 2026, 10:49:33 AM
I'd be tempted for the supports alone.
10
Metal Discussion / Re: Now Playing
October 06, 2026, 12:24:46 AMQuote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 05, 2026, 11:25:52 PMQuotea random pull gave me Aenima
no stinkfist for her
It's pints of Guinness you should be pulling.
Ænima is their best for me, but I dug out Undertow for the first time in years a while back and it went down really well, better than when it was released. 'Tis underrated.
11
Metal Discussion / Re: Now Playing
October 05, 2026, 10:31:49 PMQuote from: Thorn on October 05, 2026, 10:22:04 PMCirith Ungol - Servants Of Chaos 8.5/10
Two cds and a dvd's worth of old and alternative recordings (synth madness) ahead of the new album this month. Heads up Carnage!
I'd rather stick knitting needles in my ears.
12
General Discussion / Re: Non Metal Now Listening
October 05, 2026, 06:48:30 PM
Yeah, it just wasn't the same. Movement's decent but has nothing on the JD material.
That boxset is great but the tracklisting is annoying, stuff out of order and scattered across the discs - apart from the album tracks themselves, they're grouped together. As I was reading Hook's book on the band I threw a chronolocigal playlist together from the studio material, grand for showing the development of the band and the songs.
That boxset is great but the tracklisting is annoying, stuff out of order and scattered across the discs - apart from the album tracks themselves, they're grouped together. As I was reading Hook's book on the band I threw a chronolocigal playlist together from the studio material, grand for showing the development of the band and the songs.
13
General Discussion / Re: Non Metal Now Listening
October 05, 2026, 02:59:41 PM
Ah yeah, it's not bad or anything, just not hitting the spot for me. On another day, in another mood it might be different. I'm not the biggest prog fan so was just dipping a toe in the water anyway.
Culper Ring: 355
Culper Ring: 355
14
Metal Discussion / Re: Now Playing
October 05, 2026, 02:06:25 PM
I'd have said work forward! Sure they're so varied that somewhere along the way you're bound to find something that hits the right note.
15
General Discussion / Re: Non Metal Now Listening
October 05, 2026, 01:43:32 PM
Yes: Fragile
I've never really listened to them but this came up in the Rick Beato / Les Claypool interview so I said I'd give it a go. It has its moments but isn't really for me.
Jean-Michel Jarre: Oxygène
First listen to this as well. We've all heard Part IV and I always regarded it as fairly cheesy and throwaway, but in the context of the album it works fairly well. The whole thing is so well produced too, that carries a lot of weight. Enjoyable.
FSOL and The Orb owe him a hell of a lot.
I've never really listened to them but this came up in the Rick Beato / Les Claypool interview so I said I'd give it a go. It has its moments but isn't really for me.
Jean-Michel Jarre: Oxygène
First listen to this as well. We've all heard Part IV and I always regarded it as fairly cheesy and throwaway, but in the context of the album it works fairly well. The whole thing is so well produced too, that carries a lot of weight. Enjoyable.
FSOL and The Orb owe him a hell of a lot.

