That's a class line-up to be fair, obviously there's a fair bit of scutter too but I would gladly hit this for both days were I not going on a stag those very same dates. Completely surprised that they would even attempt such an event in Ireland these days.

Quote from: Lost-Paradise on November 26, 2019, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: Trev on November 26, 2019, 07:03:39 PM
€140!  :laugh:
Rather head to a festival in Europe with a lot more bands I want to see that would probably cost the same

140 is a lot? I think its mad cheap for FNM, Deftones, Killing Joke, Jesus and Mary Chain, At The Gates and Helmet, ( And Gojira I suppose),Yeah it's annoying that its in Punchestown but you can't honestly say its more effort to get there than to go abroad to a different festival  :laugh:
Not saying it's less effort to get to a festival abroad, but more worthwhile. €170 for a nights camping, plus whatever costs of transport and overpriced shit pints, or €250ish to head over for Brutal Assault

Great to see something like this back in Ireland, just a bit too rich for me

Are Deftones big enough to be a headline act? Are FNM? Not dissing either (massive fan of Deftones) but could there be another two headline acts to be announced?

Could Tool and Rage Against The Machine be doing festivals next summer?

At the gates saying on FB it will be a SOTS set.

Can't believe I never heard of this festival - was it ran for a few years?? Is it held in as much reverence as the original feiles??

Quote from: Trev on November 26, 2019, 08:04:47 PM
Quote from: Lost-Paradise on November 26, 2019, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: Trev on November 26, 2019, 07:03:39 PM
€140!  :laugh:
Rather head to a festival in Europe with a lot more bands I want to see that would probably cost the same

140 is a lot? I think its mad cheap for FNM, Deftones, Killing Joke, Jesus and Mary Chain, At The Gates and Helmet, ( And Gojira I suppose),Yeah it's annoying that its in Punchestown but you can't honestly say its more effort to get there than to go abroad to a different festival  :laugh:
Not saying it's less effort to get to a festival abroad, but more worthwhile. €170 for a nights camping, plus whatever costs of transport and overpriced shit pints, or €250ish to head over for Brutal Assault

Great to see something like this back in Ireland, just a bit too rich for me
I'm just happy we're actually getting something remotely resembling the festivals they get abroad, lol.

Surely holding it the same week as download isnt too good an idea though.

#37 November 26, 2019, 08:11:33 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:14:20 PM by Paul keohane
Quote from: Bogmetaller on November 26, 2019, 08:08:59 PM
Can't believe I never heard of this festival - was it ran for a few years?? Is it held in as much reverence as the original feiles??
I think there was 3 of them 93-95,i think 2 were in Dalymount park,i was at the one in the RDS.Soundgarden headlined.

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 26, 2019, 08:08:41 PM
At the gates saying on FB it will be a SOTS set.
Do they have any other set?

Ah yeah,  I'm giving out about the price now but I'll still probably grab a day ticket just to see FNM :laugh:

Meanwhile in France...  :laugh:

Man I'd love to get Watain under my belt, the silly Swedish edgelords.

Quote from: Airneanach on November 26, 2019, 08:54:17 PM
stank the gaff out of it in Dublin years back,pigs blood!,rotten!

Quote from: Airneanach on November 26, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

Bizarre thing for someone with a DT avatar to say.  Edgelords? Strange...

Punchestown, what a shithole.