Ozzfest did about 20k

AC/DC did 70k

Given that people go fucking mental for gigs and festivals here I'd be confident it will do 20-25k. Don't think they'd need to fill it to be honest, FNM and Deftones are the only two that would have hefty fees. Half the Irish lot get paid with the right to talk shit  and brag to their mates about being on the bill.

Quote from: Paul keohane
What did Ozzfest pull that time?,was there even 20k there?,could this pull 30/40k?,im not sure it could.
/quote]

You're probably right there but after the attendance at Slane for Metallica nothing would surprise me.

Quote from: Juggz on November 27, 2019, 11:27:27 AM
Too many non-Metal bands for it to be a Metal event, especially once you look just below headliner level.
I'm not so sure about that. Unless you're talking about some hardcore spookfest in the depths of Norway, most major metal festivals would have a bit of variance that extends to stuff like Bowling For Soup.

Whatever about Faith No More - you'd have got away with them headlining Oxegen - but Deftones as another headliner and Gojira in a prominent sub slot?

This is a dyed in the wool rock/metal festival in my book. Not an Oxegen replacement. At least not yet.

Jaysus! Bowling for Pies!

Guy second from right would be the "fat cunt" in any other band, but looks slim in comparison

Jaysus, how does the limelight stage stay upright when they play there?
Last time I seen em on TV I thought there was only one fat c##t

#66 November 27, 2019, 12:41:32 PM Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:43:27 PM by Paul keohane
I always knew they had one monster of a lad,the fella in the green,but the singer has been eating in between meals it would seem!.

They should start bowling for their soup to help shed a few lbs.

Fuckin hell .... the only thing heavy about them is the personnel.

Surprised to see a somewhat decent lineup and a more - rock and metal focused festival being billed in this country.
My first big outdoor concert experience was Sunstroke in '94, so am equally surprised to see the name resurrected after a quarter century - and Helmet on the bill again (probably the heaviest band that played that day)

I have a memory of the Helmet set and the crowd all kicking each other for some reason.  So bizarre!

FNM would definitely draw me to this - and as it happens, there's a heck of a lot of other bands there to draw me also (Killing Joke, Helmet, At The Gates, Refused) May well pick up a ticket. The rest of the lineup for me is a grabbag... but sure, you always get something of everything at a fest.

#72 November 28, 2019, 12:27:14 AM Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:11:03 AM by stevie-0

Jesus and Mary Chain are great.

Quote from: stevie-0 on November 28, 2019, 12:27:14 AM
Wow ! Nothing beats  a bit of of anonymous online bullying of  peoples appearances  eh ?  Is there any admins  left on this dead website ?

Are you really that offended by it? Maybe being a member of a forum isn't for you then. Do you know the band personally that you are so upset at people passing a few flippant remarks? Jesus Christ like.