Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 26, 2019, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: Airneanach on November 26, 2019, 08:54:17 PM
Man I'd love to get Watain under my belt, the silly Swedish edgelords.

Bizarre thing for someone with a DT avatar to say.  Edgelords? Strange...
Why is it bizarre? I think the same thing of the Norwegian wave that Darkthrone were a part of. I'm not shying away from that at all.  It doesn't mean I don't enjoy some of the music, aesthetics and atmospheres it produced. 

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 26, 2019, 09:05:36 PM
stank the gaff out of it in Dublin years back,pigs blood!,rotten!
Great gig!

I see DTA are on the Hellfest lineup, would almost clinch a ticket for me.

Considering faith no more have one good album (the real thing), and one highly acclaimed album,that is cool to like, (angel dust), which big Jim thinks is fuckin awful, how the hell are these guys still headlining?

For me The Real Thing  and Angel Dust are great. I never got into Introduce Yourself and the later albums are patchy but have some incredible songs scattered across them.  I'd certainly like to see them live at some stage but I doubt I'll make this for various reasons.

Quote from: Blitzer666 on November 27, 2019, 08:52:10 AM
Considering faith no more have one good album (the real thing), and one highly acclaimed album,that is cool to like, (angel dust), which big Jim thinks is fuckin awful, how the hell are these guys still headlining?

Because your opinion is clearly not shared by a large amount of people.

"Cool to like"? okaaaay....

Also Big Jim is in Infectious Grooves nowadays so his taste is clearly pretty questionable.

Quote from: Airneanach on November 26, 2019, 09:50:34 PM

Why is it bizarre?

Err..how familiar are you with Darkthrone exactly?It's not like "True Aryan Black Metal" incident is a secret like.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 27, 2019, 09:00:36 AM
Quote from: Airneanach on November 26, 2019, 09:50:34 PM

Why is it bizarre?

Err..how familiar are you with Darkthrone exactly?It's not like "True Aryan Black Metal" incident is a secret like.
This has been addressed. Top of the page.

Saw them at Graspop last year - they were clashing with Iron Maiden. The latter were doing their rule Britannia shtick so I said fuck that and headed to Watain in a tent - never seen as much fire in my life and was nearly burnt to a crisp!

Hopefully there'll be day tickets released, would like to see FNM but no interest in any of the other bands on that bill.

What's the capacity? I think AC/DC did something like 70 or 80 thousand, can't see any of those acts being anywhere near big enough to draw those numbers, which bodes well for them releasing day tickets later.

Totally out of left field I know but Jawbox are doing a one off UK Exclusive thing in London a couple of days before this. Add them to the same day as Faith No More and I'd deffo grab a day ticket.

King for a day is a brilliant album but agree alot of their output is patchy.Looking forward to seeing them live though,they have the capacity to have a brilliant set.Hopefully the day by day breakdown is announced soon.

#57 November 27, 2019, 11:17:28 AM Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:30:19 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: northside hoop on November 27, 2019, 11:02:55 AM
Hopefully there'll be day tickets released, would like to see FNM but no interest in any of the other bands on that bill.

What's the capacity? I think AC/DC did something like 70 or 80 thousand, can't see any of those acts being anywhere near big enough to draw those numbers, which bodes well for them releasing day tickets later.

I'd guess the line up is split between older, more established heads like FNM, JAMC, Killing Joke, Helmet to pull an older crowd of people in their late 30s early 40s (ie the generation that would have gone to Dalymount and probably only go to these big gigs like Slane) and the addition of the likes of Neck Deep, Fang Club, Black Vile Brides etc is for the younger crowd so they have all their bases covered. I'd also imagine there's an element of hoping people will travel from abroad to see FNM to boost the numbers.

There's a tremendous amount of filler  and "we're mates with yer man from MCD" shit lower down the bill, and they'd have been better with a smaller and more quality line up a la the original Sunstrokes I'd say but that's obviously just my opinion.

None of this, however, explains why Bowling For Soup and Skindred are on a bill in 2019.

This is just the replacement for Oxegen/Witnness using an established brand name, no? There are too many bands to be a one or two stage event, so it'll use the same layout on the racetrack as the old festivals, rather than the shed and car park. Too many non-Metal bands for it to be a Metal event, especially once you look just below headliner level. Expect some more indie/alternative stuff added to the lineup.

I think its to heavy for it to be a replacement for something Oxygen etc etc.

What did Ozzfest pull that time?,was there even 20k there?,could this pull 30/40k?,im not sure it could.