Already got Download tickets, because I'm Kerrang trash, but will go for sure if it's on another weekend.

Posted on Boards.IE. Hardly fake, at this point, is it?

Punchestown me bollox. There's plenty of fields in Dublin.

It reeks of Ozzfest: four or five groups I'd like to see, the rest I'd walk a long way to avoid. Definitely not worth the ballache of getting into, and out of, Punchestown, never mind the crazy money the tickets will, no doubt, be.

Surprisingly decent line-up for this type of thing.  I'm not into Gojira or ATG but if I'd seen a dearth metal band on the bill 25 years ago my mind would have been blown.

Nice to see Senzar get the nod, too.

€140!  :laugh:
Rather head to a festival in Europe with a lot more bands I want to see that would probably cost the same

I wonder how the crowd will play out. There's nothing like a System of a Down there that would grab a huge college crowd who wouldn't normally be too into the devils tunes.

Obviously acts are there that will draw a sizeable crowd ranging from older heads to metal die hards - and I don't want to sound naive to the hidden masses or anything - but it's a small island, and there's a definite ceiling on the amount of metalheads around for a lot of the stuff on that bill.

I can envision a scenario where people come along to check out Faith No More and a few others, and hang around the edged drinking for the rest of the day. Contrary to the usual outdoor metal festival thing where crowds generally will stay at the stages all day and bop about to whatever's on.

Metallica at Slane was a huge impetus to get this going, you'd imagine?

Has anyone let them know about Clanger Fest? They might have to reconsider having such stiff competition to contend with.

Im away on holiday for it,would definitely like to see FNM and Gojira live,not sure i would have been arsed.Been a long time since i did a big out door gig.

At the gates and bowling for soup - some mash up going on there!

Theres something for everyone,if the weather was good it would have the potential for a good day out,pity its not in a venue in Dublin.I presume its shuttle busses from Dublin city centre?

It says many more to be announced, reckon that's it for the hard hitters?

Quote from: Trev on November 26, 2019, 07:03:39 PM
€140!  :laugh:
Rather head to a festival in Europe with a lot more bands I want to see that would probably cost the same

140 is a lot? I think its mad cheap for FNM, Deftones, Killing Joke, Jesus and Mary Chain, At The Gates and Helmet, ( And Gojira I suppose),Yeah it's annoying that its in Punchestown but you can't honestly say its more effort to get there than to go abroad to a different festival  :laugh: