Watched this short one on Dismember last night. A fun watch, amusing in parts due to their sense of humour while touring.

The Lollapalooza one is up now.Its not bad going from the first episode, but fucking hell Farrell is such a dose.

Is it vintage Farrell or Ken doll Farrell? I find his rubber face hard to look at, but he was always full of shit TBH.

Quote from: Carnage on May 24, 2024, 03:30:04 PMIs it vintage Farrell or Ken doll Farrell? I find his rubber face hard to look at, but he was always full of shit TBH.

Full blown "Essex wife who's got her face done in Turkey" Farrell.
Fair bit of the vintage stuff too. And good quality as MTV had great footage

I might have a look, I see it up on Paramount+. 3 episodes so not much of a commitment.

Quote from: Crystal_Logic on April 30, 2024, 01:29:53 PMMust give the Bon Jovi one and Exhumed a go, will deffo save Exhumed for a few cans. The Slave to the Grind documentary about grindcore is still all on YoutTube, it is a fun watch. 

Watched the Exhumed one with a few cyans, good craic, dragged a bit near the end I thought.

One of the lads here in work was on about the Bon Jovi one. I'll give it a look at the weekend

Quote from: Necro Red on June 05, 2024, 11:24:00 AMOne of the lads here in work was on about the Bon Jovi one. I'll give it a look at the weekend

It's well made and worth a watch. Can't stand them, but they did have a couple of choons on the early albums.

Interesting one with some Metal dudes... notably Newsted starting his hip-hop career  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabX8k1myTc

Out next month.

I keep meaning to order the book that this is based on as it's meant to be great.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 21, 2024, 12:07:14 AM
Out next month.

I keep meaning to order the book that this is based on as it's meant to be great.

I've had the book on my wishlist for ages but it's always been ridiculously priced - £25+.

Apparently the Kindle version is unreadable - not because of the content but the way that it's formatted.

This is an "uncensored" look at that era? On Paramount+? I have my doubts.

https://www.aetv.com/news/ae-rocks-with-hard-rock-legends-in-new-biography-specials-beginning-sunday-june-16-at-9-8c

This was a good watch. I dunno why the Brett Michaels one was twice as long as the others but how and ever.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on August 21, 2024, 09:05:42 AM
Out next month.

I've had the book on my wishlist for ages but it's always been ridiculously priced - £25+.

Apparently the Kindle version is unreadable - not because of the content but the way that it's formatted.

[/quo
Out next month.

Well as much as the lawyers will allow 😂

The I Wanna Rock glam doc was very good too, as they didn't do the usual  bands.

Out next month.

In fairness to Paramount+ they didn't censor anything in the Lollapalooza documentary. I found that out the hard way when I was watching one of the episodes on the train, and they showed multiple shots of Rage Against The Machine's naked protest! They didn't pixelate the flutes, so that bodes well for the documentary if you're hoping to see uncensored shots of glam rocker's cocks.

Quote from: Carpathian Wolves on August 21, 2024, 12:31:24 PMIn fairness to Paramount+ they didn't censor anything in the Lollapalooza documentary. I found that out the hard way when I was watching one of the episodes on the train, and they showed multiple shots of Rage Against The Machine's naked protest! They didn't pixelate the flutes, so that bodes well for the documentary if you're hoping to see uncensored shots of glam rocker's cocks.

:laugh:

I was thinking more of the fact that most of these "Uncensored" docs are generally gone through with a fine tooth comb to pick out any troublesome nits...

... much like the pubes of a glam rocker's cock.