I've thankfully been oblivious to the hype.  That's one fucking thing the metal underground needs to nip in the bud. 

Nip in the bud is the wrong term for something that has become so all consuming,  but you get the drift.

I'm maybe not sure "hype" is the right word here.It's more that it feels like  there's a sense of event about this record, both from the underground (I'm sure the NWN mongoloids are probably in the midst of a 20 page thread about how BI are lefty faggot posers though no doubt) and the more mainstream metal scene in equal measures that's increasingly rare.

Quote from: Slaughterday on September 19, 2019, 10:06:07 PM
Can't see anything topping Starspawn but this is class news.

I think the Interdimensional Extinction EP is just as good as Starspawn, so here's hoping.

Got that gut feeling that the album will be a fucking ripper, looking forward to it.

Looking forward to this one. I've enjoyed all their output so far and I'm confident this album won't disappoint.

I'm also mad to see this fancy booklet thing the lad from Deathwound zine has done for the LP version, his zine was fucking aces so that should be deadly. I don't have a turntable currently but fuck it, good excuse to finally pick one up again!

If nothing else, let's hope this band's growing popularity forces BC Rich to make more Ironbirds.

I know the artwork is splitting opinion,but i love the shirt!

#23 September 22, 2019, 02:31:56 AM Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:35:21 AM by leatherface
Artwork aside (which I like personally), I am counting down the days to get my hands on the album, just waiting for a teaser track for now.

#24 September 22, 2019, 08:41:05 AM Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:43:59 AM by Eoin McLove
Dug out 'Starspawn' and 'Interdimensional Extinction' for a spin in preparation for the new album.  I have 'Starspawn' on now.  It's good stuff but I've found that over the past few years I've been more inclined to revisit Spectral Voice.  I think the more doomy gloomy shit tends to hit me harder than the techy spacey stuff. Looking forward to hearing the new album, none the less.  It'll be interesting to hear how they have developed.

Ps. I got a chuckle out the lyric sheet when I saw that they name all their lead solos ('Fractal Humanoid Dimensions'- Reidl, 'Caustic Existence'- Kolobtyrsky etc.) .  Also surprised to see The Winding Sheet mentioned in the thanks list.  I must have interviewed them for it but my mind is a sieve...

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 21, 2019, 07:12:18 PM

Where did you find that shirt? cant see any preorders or anything up yet

Quote from: nukeabuse on September 23, 2019, 12:50:56 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on September 21, 2019, 07:12:18 PM

Where did you find that shirt? cant see any preorders or anything up yet
if you follow Matt Calvert (Dark Descent records) on facebook/twitter,he said he'll be doing preorders in a few weeks.

I'd Say Century Media will do a similar one for Euros when the preorders launch too.

Quote from: polymer on September 23, 2019, 09:36:12 AM
A soundtrack to Ancient Aliens?

Yeah, that's what I thought of too. On the surface of it, an oddly "meme" direction to go in. Can we confirm whether or not Tom DeLonge has a guest spot??