Quote from: John Kimble on October 12, 2019, 09:08:42 AM
You can see why threads like this exist when Flynn continues to pen such utterly cringe worthy lyrics. The guys ego is completely out of control. And what the hell is he going on about Chimaira and Strapping Young Lad for? I don't think either of them are even going these days.
Watch the video The Butcher posted.

Ah, I see...missed that originally. Oh, and agree that MH were always shite. I mean, Burn My Eyes was class at the time but that's one album out of God knows how many. Hardly a consistent body of work.

I bet all the haters on this thread will be in the Olympia next month.  :laugh:
Shouting " let freedom ring with the shotgun blast" :)

I'm pretty sure that anyone on this forum that expresses a distaste in Machine Head (or any other band) won't be caught dead paying money into their gigs.

There's not enough time or money to attend all the gigs I want, why would it take a day out of my life and pay Robb Flynn money to be bored and cringe at him?

I enjoyed this immensely, but not in the way they intended.

Fucking hell.

Quote from: John Kimble on October 12, 2019, 10:20:46 AM
Ah, I see...missed that originally. Oh, and agree that MH were always shite. I mean, Burn My Eyes was class at the time but that's one album out of God knows how many. Hardly a consistent body of work.

Always thought burn my eyes could have been a single. Davidian is the only decent song on it.

Ah that's a bit harsh. It's not really an album I'd return to much these days but certainly it had an impact at the time and def a couple of bangers on there, not just one song.

Indeed, Davidian, Old,  Thousand Lies, The Rage to Overcome, Death Church, Block all fucking bangers.

Used to play the life out of Burn My Eyes years ago and would like to see it performed live but the vids I've seen of the current shows features far too much Flynn mongery, talking absolute shite over the riffs.

As for that new song, I like the music but dear Jesus the lyrics. Even the most angst ridden of teenagers would've written less retarded lyrics.

#55 October 14, 2019, 03:22:52 PM Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:26:48 PM by Nixer

Let freedom ring with a sausage blast.

:laugh: jesus christ is this guy a fully  functioning grown adult?

Sure! i liked burn my eyes 25 years ago!, when i was a fully functioning retarded teenager

Quote from: CaptainFlint on October 14, 2019, 02:46:10 PM
Just going to leave this here.... the cringe level is off the charts  :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/machine-heads-robb-flynn-fires-back-at-critics-over-do-or-die-song/

What a terrible song in every respect.  It looks like his return to nu metal was short lived and he's back to being metal's saviour but other than it being heavy,  the music is completely bland. Those lyrics would be crap if a fifteen year old came up with them.