Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 13, 2021, 11:32:10 PM
Tell him to GET DE BLEEDIN FINGER OU'!
Believe me we've tried

The remastering job was money well spent. I think it smoothes out some of the rough edges and that's to the benefit of the album (despite the fact that I have grown used to living with those edges).

Got the LP in the post this week and it looks and sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what else Sentinel has lined up to resurrect from the old days. I'm not a Cruachan fan in general (although I reviewed Blood on the Black Robe for MI years ago and liked it. There was a good balance between the trad and BM as I recall) but the demo and debut album are at least historically interesting to me even if not all of the ideas hit the spot. I was hoping to grab that reissue but it came and went in the blink of an eye.

I got The Arcane Sun lp recently. Never heard of these guys before but this is fantastic. Still sounds relevant and fresh. 

Only seeing this now. It was Geasa that supported Anathema on 12/09/99 in Doran's. Same day as the All-Ireland Hurling Final. Fairly sure they were the only two bands on the bill.

Quote from: Western Viking on August 09, 2021, 09:37:58 PM
Long time ago now but can anyone remember did Arcane Sun support Anathema on the Judgement tour in Eamon Dorans??

Quote from: vinterland on January 09, 2022, 08:52:09 PM
Only seeing this now. It was Geasa that supported Anathema on 12/09/99 in Doran's. Same day as the All-Ireland Hurling Final. Fairly sure they were the only two bands on the bill.
Spot on,i was at that final;and remember debating would i stay up and go to the gig.Cork won,first All Ireland in 9 years at the time,i never made the gig!  :laugh:

Cork won 0-13 to 0-12. Got absolutely saturated. Went to gig after drowning sorrows. A great end to an otherwise forgetful day. Made up for it vs Offaly the following year.  :)
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 10, 2022, 08:25:55 AM
Spot on,i was at that final;and remember debating would i stay up and go to the gig.Cork won,first All Ireland in 9 years at the time,i never made the gig!  :laugh:

I was at the game also. As a neutral it was fair poor also got drowned. Little we think it was the birth of the greatest ever team to play the game.

Yeah poor game,just desperate for a Cork win,it was 9 years since the last All Ireland win so it was massive for Cork.Little did i know 23 years later it would be 16 and counting  :(

Finally united with my pre-order today. Already played it twice. What a unique album! Sounds deadly on vinyl, proper chuffed to have it.

It is unique alright. Of its time in a timeless way, if you get me. It could only have come out of the melting pot of 90s doom, black and death metal (and 80s goth  :-X ) yet holds up twenty odd years later.

I recommend revisiting Geasa with the same time frame in mind. While not reaching the same heights, they certainly captured something unique in Angel's Cry that I'm only beginning to fully appreciate.

I had the album on today so now I'm in bed with a book and Fade... A Soundtrack to the Arcane on YouTube. I still remain hopeful that it will eventually be released on CD and vinyl.

Quote from: Western Viking on August 09, 2021, 09:37:58 PM
Long time ago now but can anyone remember did Arcane Sun support Anathema on the Judgement tour in Eamon Dorans??

Nah that was definitely Arcane Sun that night. Great show, only two bands defo. Ended up watching Anathema's set on the tiny tv at the back bar, just went for Arcane Sun. Wasn't into Anathema at the time but really regret it now, the one and only time I was in the same room as them I was barely paying attention

A member of Geasa signed my concert ticket from the same night. Fairly sure it was Stephen Maher. The Last One on Earth is the one tune I can clearly recall being played (that explosion of chaotic chanting halfway through being particularly memorable). I assumed at the time it was an Asphyx cover. Angel's Cry was only released the previous month so in the era before streaming and Youtube this was for most their first time hearing the album, bar they purchased immediately upon its release.

#44 September 07, 2023, 09:19:58 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 12:17:27 PM by Eoin McLove
Listening to the debut again over the past couple of days. I think that Promised (So Many Years Have Passed) is a great end to the album. Kind of bombastic, a bit Enya-ish and dungeon synthy perhaps. The entire album kind of feels like one long movement to me, despite the fact that it has really harsh and fast evil parts next to delicate, atmospheric stuff. It feels really cohesive and maybe borders on the conceptual, dare I say? Finishing up with a quite long song that is all keyboards with minimal percussion and background vocals was a bold move. Works well, though.

This post also constitutes my annual plea for a physical release of Fade.