#90 April 28, 2019, 11:15:40 PM Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:17:11 PM by mickO)))
Quote from: hellfire on April 28, 2019, 08:45:19 PM
I'm all for that lol. Hell I'd probably go to more shows. It seems Mgla are going to set a solicitor on all the publications who disseminated this shit. Excellent response.

I know it's all they can do but it won't do any good these people have the politicians on their side. I was at Messe Des Mortes in Montreal 2 years ago when the Graveland incident happened Canadian politicians joined Antifa to protest and stood outside with them as they tried to rush the doors and threw smoke bombs into the venue. Antifa are funded by the very higher ups they claim so strongly to be against.

Funny enough Mgla played the night before with no issue so they must not have been on the communist radar at that time.

We need more fuck you approaches like Horna did for the recent US tour.

I've only been going to the more underground shows here for the last 5 years or so, but has there ever been any hassle from the outside communities about "controversial" type bands playing here? As far as I've seen, we don't get a lot of them here anyway, at least being promoted...

I wasn't at it but I remember Antifa had something to do with disrupting a Negura Bunget gig in Fibbers?  And a Grand Belials Key gig in th Lower Deck got cancelled in the 2000s.

These Antifa groups are sticking the noses in too, getting things wrong and mistaking bands for things they're not.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Who do you think it was sticking their noses in that time? Antifa thicks.

Quote from: mickO))) on April 28, 2019, 11:15:40 PM

Antifa are funded by the very higher ups they claim so strongly to be against.

Largely uninterested in this debate but I'm curious, do you have proof of this?

I have absolutely no time for Antifa so I wouldn't normally be springing to their defence, but to echo the last post, I'd imagine that's a fairly watery claim. Antifa aren't really one cohesive entity I would have thought, more a loose affiliation of various left-wing groups of varying degrees of militancy,  so the notion that they, as a single entity, are in receipt of any funding is a bit far fetched.

#97 May 09, 2019, 10:58:05 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:06:10 AM by Eoin McLove
No idea about where they get their funding from but they seem to be more well organised than a scattered group of variously militant lefties.  These are far left radicals who are all singing from the same hymn sheet and it appears that any dissent is met with the cry of NAZI (possibly the single most meaningless word in 2019), misogynist,  transphobe etc. etc. nonsensical,  hysterical accusation etc etc... They are the self appointed moral police, but I thought ACAB?!... Total fucking morons who in their quest to make everyone more 'open minded' have become the most obscene and ludicrous,  closed minded tyrants themselves.  Zero tolerance for the cunts.

Not sure that my observation above necessarily belongs in the 'controversial' thread though  :laugh:

You know your group's a bit shit when the toughest ones in it are the lesbians.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on May 09, 2019, 08:52:54 AM

What would you like original bank transfer statements?

Deathspell Omega are now the latest target of the righteous crusaders which is very funny because with them not playing live `I wonder what exactly they plan on doing.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 10, 2019, 02:53:57 AM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on May 09, 2019, 08:52:54 AM

What would you like original bank transfer statements?

Deathspell Omega are now the latest target of the righteous crusaders which is very funny because with them not playing live `I wonder what exactly they plan on doing.
Probably stick their used Tampax to music shop windows who sell their records.
Although I dunno what shenanigans their female members might get up to.