#285 March 23, 2024, 06:26:04 PM Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 06:45:57 PM by The Wretch
Ah, yeah I imagine so!  :laugh:  Still, there was plenty of craic on Tez all the same. Some very odd characters certainly! 

Yeah, Nialler is sound. Just got talking to Kevin (can't remember his usernams) on Facebook yesterday, he happened to spot my name on a post by Trouble, he knew my name becuase he sent me an Electric Wizard cassette single at one stage.

Dunno who that was.

"His name was Robert Paulson."

He was only new on the forum when it wrapped up from what I can remember.

Hey guys, hope everyone's doing well. I'm a complete newbie to the Metal Forum scene. Back in my day Social Media was tape trading, writing letters and "I'll see ya outside Tommy's on Saturday". I've been around the Dublin scene for years though and played in a number of bands in that time. My musical tastes float in and out of various styles and at the moment I'm listening to a lot of 80s Punk and Thrash stuff. Going back to my youth you could say. Anyway, I hope to get involved with posting and contribute plenty of thoughts. Looking forward to getting to know you all and a summer full of decent gigs.

Quote from: The Kew Tour on May 12, 2024, 01:48:07 PMHey guys, hope everyone's doing well. I'm a complete newbie to the Metal Forum scene. Back in my day Social Media was tape trading, writing letters and "I'll see ya outside Tommy's on Saturday". I've been around the Dublin scene for years though and played in a number of bands in that time. My musical tastes float in and out of various styles and at the moment I'm listening to a lot of 80s Punk and Thrash stuff. Going back to my youth you could say. Anyway, I hope to get involved with posting and contribute plenty of thoughts. Looking forward to getting to know you all and a summer full of decent gigs.

Welcome aboard. I'm only a newbie here myself.

Been a lurker here for a while but trying to get away from the big social medias, spending way too much time doom scrolling there, want to doom scroll here instead.

Mostly been involved in the cork scene but living up the country now so planning to go to more shows in Dublin but have no mates in Dublin so looking forward to meeting a few new heads.

Main thing for me is melodic death metal, technical death metal and thrash, but love a bit of everything except for folk, that's gay

Welcome aboard but ye may as well know we're all raging Alestorm fans on here
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: MadnessOpus on May 16, 2024, 10:28:09 PMBeen a lurker here for a while but trying to get away from the big social medias, spending way too much time doom scrolling there, want to doom scroll here instead.

Mostly been involved in the cork scene but living up the country now so planning to go to more shows in Dublin but have no mates in Dublin so looking forward to meeting a few new heads.

Main thing for me is melodic death metal, technical death metal and thrash, but love a bit of everything except for folk, that's gay

You're obviously a Revocation fan, heyyo! I only got into them on their last album, and became completely obsessed with them.

Yeah man, took that shot when I saw them in Bristol a year or two ago, skipped the Dublin show to make a bit of a city break out of it .

Best album for me is still deathless but every album is just incredible.

I genuinely think they are the best death metal band around today, absolutely unbelievable, Dave was also really nice and down to earth !

Quote from: MadnessOpus on May 18, 2024, 07:51:04 PMYeah man, took that shot when I saw them in Bristol a year or two ago, skipped the Dublin show to make a bit of a city break out of it .

Best album for me is still deathless but every album is just incredible.

I genuinely think they are the best death metal band around today, absolutely unbelievable, Dave was also really nice and down to earth !

Nice! I took a guess that Deathless was your fave from your name :laugh:

Netherheaven is my fave (The Intervening Abyss of Untold Aeons is one of my favourite songs ever written), but as you say, they're all golden.

I also agree that they're the best death metal band today. A buddy of mine badgered me to give Netherheaven a listen when it came out as I love me some tech-death, and all I could do was sit with my head in my hands thinking "why did I ignore them for so long?!". Death are may favourite band ever (Human to The Sound of Perseverance is my favourite run of albums, ever), but Revocation are now right beside them - I've been listening to metal since 1998, so to finally sit down to a band on their EIGHT album, and almost a quarter of a century after I first got into metal to go straight to the joint-top of the pile blew my mind a bit.

Didn't meet Dave at the Dublin show (legged it as soon as the gig ended as the drive back to Sligo is no craic at that time of night), but Brett was manning the merch stall, and had a chat with him! And he was a total gent.

Gonna stick on Great is Our Sin when Unquestionable Presence finishes here  :abbath:

Might as well say hello, I was also decy on MI (been decy my whole life actually), though I didn't post much for years.
I'm regularly waffling on about missing chat about music online, I read the entire Local filth thread the other day and was weirdly nostalgic.

Having said that I probably won't post much here.