Fuck, no way? What happened there, I had noticed the lads weren't active for a bit but thought they may have been busy writing.

Not sure of specifics, I don't think there's any real scandal but it was mentioned to me while we were recording. I'd like to think they've had a change of heart since!

#17 November 22, 2018, 09:23:06 AM Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 09:59:32 AM by Eoin McLove
Edit

I know their album got a vinyl and cassette release but wasn't it supposed to appear on vinyl? That ever happen does anyone know?

Ah I hope so. I know only to well about "retiring" and then copping on shortly thereafter ;)

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 22, 2018, 09:13:15 AM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on November 22, 2018, 09:11:59 AM
QuoteNo. I left once recording was done

That's as surprising as Mclove leaving Malthusian, best of luck with future ventures. 3/4 of Drainland sounds promising.

Cheers man.

Sure while we're airing all the news, it would appear unfortunately Apostate Viaticum have called it a day. Real shame.

Yeah, it's a shame about AV. They were supposed to do the ZC album launch with us but split shortly beforehand, shame because they're a cool band and sound lads.

Quote from: General Lee on November 22, 2018, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 22, 2018, 09:13:15 AM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on November 22, 2018, 09:11:59 AM
QuoteNo. I left once recording was done

That's as surprising as Mclove leaving Malthusian, best of luck with future ventures. 3/4 of Drainland sounds promising.

Cheers man.

Sure while we're airing all the news, it would appear unfortunately Apostate Viaticum have called it a day. Real shame.

Yeah, it's a shame about AV. They were supposed to do the ZC album launch with us but split shortly beforehand, shame because they're a cool band and sound lads.

Change the name of this thread to Local dirt, wha'!

Glad to see an interest being taken in the band (Apostate Viaticum) now that it's dead and in the gutter, haha. It's a shame but it just sort of ran out of steam. Various mundane personal reasons, to use McLove's phrase, contributed. Nobody's getting any younger and there's a direct correlation between the number of mortgages owed and kids had, together with the average age of band members, and a band's longevity, it would seem. For anyone still looking, CDs, tapes and Ts are still available on our bandcamp or directly in person from myself (Muiris) or Vinnie.

Bandcamp here: https://apostateviaticum.bandcamp.com

Was the vinyl ever pressed Muiris?

Nope, although Darragh (Invictus) says it still will be.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 22, 2018, 12:47:06 AMIt feels like a really fertile moment for local filth.

Hopefully some more madness is brewing that we can add to the ranks.

New ideas will hopefully develop from all these members chopping and changing. Very interested to see how things pan out for Irish metal for the next year or so.

#26 November 22, 2018, 04:18:48 PM Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:32:56 PM by Pentagrimes
I think realistically though it's more vital that younger and newer bands form and get the support. A lot of the aforementioned chops and changes are, as has been mentioned, to do with age and real life circumstances impacting on the ability and motivation to do bands. It'll be interesting to see if the stuff Smythsonian mentioned on the old board comes to fruition for example.

I'd say at a guess going on some conversations I've had  that you're about to get a bunch of "projects" rather than bands (one person and a drum machine is not a band) that will  focus on recording more and will not be playing live...still seems to be a shortage of musicians to facilitate gigging bands for one thing!

I'd noticed a coupl more Irish black and death metal projects pop up seemingly out of nowhere and appear on bandcamps and blogs over the last month or two, but to be honest the standard has been fairly sub par, which is why I guess we aren't discussing them here.

Quote from: Miotal Trom on November 22, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
Glad to see an interest being taken in the band (Apostate Viaticum) now that it's dead and in the gutter, haha. It's a shame but it just sort of ran out of steam. Various mundane personal reasons, to use McLove's phrase, contributed. Nobody's getting any younger and there's a direct correlation between the number of mortgages owed and kids had, together with the average age of band members, and a band's longevity, it would seem. For anyone still looking, CDs, tapes and Ts are still available on our bandcamp or directly in person from myself (Muiris) or Vinnie.

Bandcamp here: https://apostateviaticum.bandcamp.com

So, that's it, band over and done with for good? Shame, caught ye a few times live and really enjoyed the gigs.
I'll get a vinyl if they're going to be available.

Yeah, would love to get a copy on vinyl. Hopefully it will still go ahead lads.

Quote from: Miotal Trom on November 22, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
Nobody's getting any younger and there's a direct correlation between the number of mortgages owed and kids had, together with the average age of band members, and a band's longevity, it would seem.

The most true post on this new forum to date.