Is there anything brewing from the younger cohort? Someone born in the year 2000 would be 22/23 and grown up in the digital era, would be interesting to see how much effect that would have on their output if any.

Quote from: The Butcher on November 02, 2023, 11:59:15 AMIs there anything brewing from the younger cohort? Someone born in the year 2000 would be 22/23 and grown up in the digital era, would be interesting to see how much effect that would have on their output if any.

Check out Organ Blender. young Galway lads.
Demented stuff. Not everyones cup of tae I'd imagine but I think they're fucking great.
they're on Bandcamp.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on November 02, 2023, 09:45:22 PM
Quote from: The Butcher on November 02, 2023, 11:59:15 AMIs there anything brewing from the younger cohort? Someone born in the year 2000 would be 22/23 and grown up in the digital era, would be interesting to see how much effect that would have on their output if any.

Demented stuff. Not everyones cup of tae I'd imagine but I think they're fucking great.
they're on Bandcamp.
I thought they were in their 30s?

This sounds nice and filthy, upcoming EP from The Sept, who I think are a fairly new Dublin band:

https://cursedmonk.bandcamp.com/album/mmxxiii

Grind/DM kinda stuff, looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Fairly sure it's just one guy rather than a band. He's has a few previous releases

Ah right, I'll have to check them out so, I like the sound of this.

Not bad but not something I would put on.

they're on Bandcamp.

It's like a hellishly, boring version of Crotchduster or something.

Quote from: Necro Red on November 06, 2023, 10:14:40 AM

they're on Bandcamp.
I thought they were in their 30s?

Ya could be right Man, had it in me head they were younger for some reason.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 06, 2023, 04:30:59 PMNot bad but not something I would put on.

they're on Bandcamp.

It's like a hellishly, boring version of Crotchduster or something.

Horses for courses man, I think their first album in particular is a cracker.
Never listened to Crotchduster, must give them a go.

Got sent a label promo link for an upcoming EP from a Belfast crowd called 'Iarmhairt'.
Pretty deadly atmospheric black metal. I think a lot of heads on here will go for it.
It's certainly ticking the right boxes for me, anyway.

No info on the bands members as such, but they at least have a member also in Sacred Noose.
Only blurb with the promo is...
"A solid debut from a seasoned collection of Belfast musicians looking to explore the purely atmospheric black metal space."

Unfortunately I can't share the link...   :'(
But hopefully they'll have something online soon.

I see Astral Tomb have finally changed the name to Void Revenant.

#371 January 09, 2024, 02:19:02 PM Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:17:43 PM by ochoill Reason: Link
In a newish band that fits the thread - Ordinator.  Finishing up a three song Demo recording this month so I'll fire up a proper thread then but in the meantime here's a video of a song when we supported Wolfbastard and Tooms a little while ago.  A song that won't be on the Demo, but will be on the next release (the next release is also about half written):

https://youtu.be/DWKScXsPV5c?si=_rRUiHAQ48d4WXny

Nice one. That sounds cool.

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 09, 2024, 11:38:36 AMGot sent a label promo link for an upcoming EP from a Belfast crowd called 'Iarmhairt'.
Pretty deadly atmospheric black metal. I think a lot of heads on here will go for it.
It's certainly ticking the right boxes for me, anyway.

No info on the bands members as such, but they at least have a member also in Sacred Noose.
Only blurb with the promo is...
"A solid debut from a seasoned collection of Belfast musicians looking to explore the purely atmospheric black metal space."

Unfortunately I can't share the link...   :'(
But hopefully they'll have something online soon.

Sounds interesting, and the blurb is refreshingly straightforward.

"Purely atmospheric" seems suspiciously like a fancy way of saying "no memorable riffs"  :laugh: