Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 23, 2024, 11:45:27 PMHow anyone is remotely interested in this is beyond me. Whatever.
Their accountants and management are for starters😂

I made the mistake of following Sandra Araya on insta, she's a fucking melt, so much so that it's extended to my view of Tom. 2 gimps.

Sandra is a fruit loop. Definitely and has changed the way I'd view Tom for sure. Lisa Holt isn't too far behind, one or two hilarious comments online after the reformation announced

Remember when the shows were first announced and King claimed that the announcement was the first he knew of it?! The way he talks about it here it reads like the offer came to him first through his management. What a prize spastic!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/watch-slayer-returns-to-live-stage-for-first-time-in-five-years

Having said that, I would absolutely go see them again if I had the opportunity. They sound in great form in those videos and great to see songs like 213 make an appearance in the set.

They are no better than Motley Crue at this stage...so much for farewell tours...

Did Kerry get a roadie to leave his chains on the stage before the show so he could pick them back up?

If that didn't happen how can we even believe that it was Slayer!?! If chains fall on an empty stage do they make a sound?

No chain, no... ehhh... Slain?

No chance of Dave Lombardo getting back behind the drums nowadays? (if they are going to make this a 'thing' again?) Were the bridges that badly burned?.

I'd say you'd see Hannemann back before you see Lombardo

Quote from: leatherface on September 25, 2024, 09:28:59 PMNo chance of Dave Lombardo getting back behind the drums nowadays? (if they are going to make this a 'thing' again?) Were the bridges that badly burned?.

Didn't Kerry say that "Lombardo's dead to me" or something? Hard to see that being resolved.

Plus the split was over financial issues, and I imagine Lombardo would want that to be addressed. 

I'll have to go back and read over the whole Lombardo/financial stuff again.Did he get paid something like $60k for a tour,when the tour brought in $20m! something like that?.

Lombardo is a whinge bag. I've posted this many many times, I think he got what he deserved. DX ferris covers it in great detail in his podcast and his book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slayer-66-Biography-Including-Palladium/dp/0615920306/ref=sr_1_2?crid=44L2WSIFL7BR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0aN_OTgzs2KXFVJdlimKYxeig_7O8GR_p1CyzxBs5ngU1dPBiyTv9pv3IeIKMKyWPejcRBdrH24NCPODvt67xLLwgTnWompx56cV-i9NIWiVB92XfadAZjAa-qBtjOBB.3Hvfmx76CQp5r390s56P-QCcc9otJ5plR8XhdZkBTFE&dib_tag=se&keywords=dx+ferris&nsdOptOutParam=true&qid=1727352169&sprefix=dx+ferris%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-2

The most important thing is Dave was out of the band from 1991 -2002. The band were hardly going to bring him back in after a decade in the wilderness as a partner. Nevertheless he was paid very well for a "hired goon". He floated the 67000$ thing and I see it out there over and over again. For those that can't be arsed reading the book here's the highlights

But a quick glance at D.X. Ferris' excellent new book, Slayer 66 2/3: The Jeff & Dave Years, suggested that Lombardo's figure might very well be way off-base. Ferris, a former Ohio Society of Professional Journalists Reporter of the Year, was the first writer to uncover the public records from Dave Lombardo's divorce. The papers reveal that while Lombardo was not an equal partner in Slayer (which is to say that, yes, he was,  technically, a hired employee serving at Slayer's pleasure),  he was being cut in on merch sales — an unusual accommodation for a musician who isn't an equal partner

Here are some of the specifics from the divorce papers:

-In 2010, Lombardo's Federal 1040 form declared an adjusted gross income of $174,836.

-In 2011, Lombardo made a good bit more than $200,000. Most of it was Slayer money. Payouts from Slayer included:

$106,650.00 Global Merch Advance

$ 17,776.31 Adjusted Payment for South American Tour
$ 14,349.22 from a tour with Rob Zombie (a dozen dates in under 3 weeks)
$ 8,505.35 in other "Merch Royalties"
$ 7,405.23 for Australian Tour 2/23/2011-3/8/2011
$ 6,699.18 for the summer European Tour
$ 5,130.45 Retail Touring Merch Royalties
$ 8,315.88 as a payout listed under "Royalties" as "The Big 4 Show"

As well as additional payments.

Elsewhere, the records reveal that Slayer paid Lombardo $5,000 a week while on tour, plus all his expenses and travel costs.

The papers also reveal when Slayer was off the road, Lombardo was paid $4,000 per month as a retainer.

His Ex wife admits in the court documents that with the divorce looming he planned to issue the band an ultimatum at the latest possible notice (Before a run of Australian Dates) to attain partnership status. Totally blew up in his face. He is the definitive Slayer drummer, no doubt. But he also seems to be a bit of an arsehole, and he was turfed out of the band on three occasions.