Planning on heading to this. Have seen Maiden loads of times but it can't be too long now before they pack it in so will catch them when they're here. Any info on ticket prices yet? I can't imagine they'll be able to charge too much if they plan on drawing a big crowd, apparently it can hold ~20k?

I reckon I'll go - last time they did a retro set in the RDS was great, even if the sound wasn't the best.

#34 September 25, 2024, 09:58:43 AM Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 10:01:49 AM by Deranged Bear!
Mastercard presale link. This presale is happening now and I'm guessing anyone can use it but you need a mastercard to pay.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/iron-maiden-co-dublin-25-06-2025/event/180061267A3608DA?did=mastercard

Had a front standing in the basket then Ticketmaster kicked me out... the dirt worst site!

Quote from: Pat Twisted Wrath on September 25, 2024, 12:16:57 PMHad a front standing in the basket then Ticketmaster kicked me out... the dirt worst site!

I went back for a 2nd front standing ticket yesterday afternoon, was only getting normal standing but kept refreshing the basket and got another front standing after about ten minutes.

Yeah a few refreshes throughout the day might work, hopefully.

The Mastercard presale accepts Revolut, apparently.

Quote from: Pat Twisted Wrath on September 25, 2024, 12:55:01 PMYeah a few refreshes throughout the day might work, hopefully.

If not, there's another MCD presale tomorrow.

Am considering bringing my two young lads aged 6 and 8 to this for their first gig. I've never been to malahide so no idea of set up, eg is there a natural amphitheatre or is it just a flat field? Am I mad even thinking about it with two small boys in tow? Any of ye ever bring yer childers to metal gigs?

Quote from: Grim Reality on September 25, 2024, 02:40:59 PMAm considering bringing my two young lads aged 6 and 8 to this for their first gig. I've never been to malahide so no idea of set up, eg is there a natural amphitheatre or is it just a flat field? Am I mad even thinking about it with two small boys in tow? Any of ye ever bring yer childers to metal gigs?

My son's first(and only gig so far) were Iron Maiden in Paris 2 years ago, he was 8 at the time.
He wasn't really interested in it much, to be honest. My daughter was 13 at the time, and we've visited a couple of Metal gigs together aftwerwards.

Quote from: Grim Reality on September 25, 2024, 02:40:59 PMAm considering bringing my two young lads aged 6 and 8 to this for their first gig. I've never been to malahide so no idea of set up, eg is there a natural amphitheatre or is it just a flat field? Am I mad even thinking about it with two small boys in tow? Any of ye ever bring yer childers to metal gigs?

Gas you mention it as I was only thinking about this today. My young lad (10) is starting to get into his music (he likes some stuff from Metallica, Megadeth and a bit of Maiden)...and is pestering me to take him to a gig. I'm in two minds about this as, from a purely selfish perspective, you're definitely not going to get the same level of enjoyment out of a gig where you're constantly on alert looking out for the kid, making sure he's not getting bumped into or encountering drunk morons. I dunno if I'm ready for that yet. And two kids? God help ya!

Brought my 7 yr old to Sum 41 , yes I'll leave the hall, in Fairview Park this summer. It was brilliant tbf, staff brought us aside on entry, gave us wristbands for a kids section of the pit area (golden circle), we had normal price tickets. They informed us what to do if she got lost etc, they were top class. Once we established most of the pit was safe enough we went into it with  her on my shoulders. She had the time of her life. Obviously Maiden will bring a far bigger crowd and drunks etc so its your own shout. If it goes well tho its a great experience

Be more hassle than its worth,still a bit young I'd say.

My eldest is 12,has no interest in music,but my middle fella is 9 and definitely has the music bug.Will definitely get him to a gig at some point.