Looking forward to this in hope they cut out the long songs..seen every tour since dance of death and getting progressively more bored with the longer stuff..give us 1.5hrs of party pub metal.. would sell a bollock to hear tailgunner , holy smoke and a few killers numbers. Early days tour killers numbers were meh

Haven't seen them since they played the 3 Arena back in 2010? Probably head along to this since the chances of seeing them much more are getting fairly slim

Caught them on the Early days and Somewhere back in time tours and Maiden England from 2013/14 so I've pretty much seen the set list a few times. Expect FOTD (obviously) and perhaps Afriad to shoot strangers. Not sure what the play from No Prayer.. these days. Never heard anything from it despite it giving them their only no 1 UK

Probably will have to give this a miss again, seen them 13 times already and with a kid these days and it being a school night gigs dont happen as much these days.

And of course what they charge as well these days for gigs

Quote from: Trev on September 19, 2024, 12:04:00 PMHaven't seen them since they played the 3 Arena back in 2010? Probably head along to this since the chances of seeing them much more are getting fairly slim

First and last time to see them was on the DoD tour in The Point... twenty years ago now come December ???

Considering the age of these lads, the fact that Nicko is already stripping back some of his drum parts, this could well be one of the last times to catch them.

Is Nicko's son not waiting in the wings to overtake live duties?

Quote from: Ducky on September 19, 2024, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: Trev on September 19, 2024, 12:04:00 PMHaven't seen them since they played the 3 Arena back in 2010? Probably head along to this since the chances of seeing them much more are getting fairly slim

First and last time to see them was on the DoD tour in The Point... twenty years ago now come December ???

Considering the age of these lads, the fact that Nicko is already stripping back some of his drum parts, this could well be one of the last times to catch them.

21 years ago that one, my first time seeing them.

I like No Prayer, I rarely would reach for it, but I'd be at the stage now where any variation is interesting to see live.

Can't see me busting myself to get tickets when they go on sale, but I'll be in Malahide next summer no doubt.

I get the nepotism, but it's just so boring to have The Raven Age constantly support. Who fuckin cares.

Oh fuck me you're right, it is 21 years this year.

So that's the same timespan between then and now, and then and The Number of The Beast ???

At least getting to gigs will be a lot fucking handier once we all have bus passes :laugh:

Deadly news! As said before it might be the last time they play here. I'm tempted by the London date too.

That gig in the point in 2003 was the one and only time I've seen them.They are a band I loved in my very young teens getting into metal.But a band I grew out of fast,I'll see closer to the date,never been to Malahide Castle.

They were good last year in the 3 arena  not good enough to suffer through this though.

Hard pass for me

Tempted but how the hell do you get out of Malahide after unless you are driving?

I was getting the last train from Connelly out to maynooth from the iron maiden gig last summer in the 3 arena and the train was full of people who had come from the Blur concert in Malahide castle, so presumably one can catch the DART?

Yeah Dart would be wedged though, not sure I'd want to rely on it.

I got the Dart from there after the Cure concert a few years back was the finest