Quote from: Mithrandir on October 23, 2024, 09:39:31 AMThe organizer has asked what other bands he should include in the list to not miss anything. What would the purpose of this be other than to decide whether somebody is denied entry or be asked to leave, What's the alternative? Bold corner by the entrance?

I'm just pointing out that the post doesn't specifically state that you will get kicked out or refused entry for wearing a certain band's shirt.

And yeah I agree, it's silly making up rules like this after the tickets were bought.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 23, 2024, 01:51:46 AMWhat does we strongly urge you not to wear a Burzum t-shirt mean if it doesn't mean you'll get kicked out? They'll give you a disapproving look and make you really really feel bad?

I imagine that it's to scare people into not wearing said merch. Maybe they're afraid of getting negative press with the shit storm of bands pulling out of recent festivals. Who knows 🤷

Imagine if this is the next thing now being told what you can and can't wear to a gig. Festival line-up looks shite.

Yeah, just checked out the line-up and it's not particularly inspiring.
Do I have any difficulty with a festival not wanting neo-Nazi symbols/imagery on display? Not really. Should they moderating band tshirts? Equally no.

Quote from: John Kimble on October 23, 2024, 06:48:21 PMYeah, just checked out the line-up and it's not particularly inspiring.
Do I have any difficulty with a festival not wanting neo-Nazi symbols/imagery on display? Not really. Should they moderating band tshirts? Equally no.

This is it. Making a list like that just encourages young lads to whip out the phone and look them up anyway.

Exactly. And even though the line-up for that festival is fairly safe and uninspiring, I'd imagine if you did a deep dive into past members of some of those bands, you wouldn't have to go the full six degrees of separation to find some tenous link to dubious politics or views. Where's the cut-off point? Vetting of patch jackets at the door? Curated by Dawn Ray'd?

These cunts have forgotten that they are entertainers.