Quote from: ochoill on February 01, 2024, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 01, 2024, 12:24:54 PMI had a quick YouTube listen to parts or two K2T songs. Jesus.
:laugh: yeah absolutely woeful.  At the end of one of the albums they do a sort of spoken word rewritten version of the Our Father, it would make you fold up like a deck chair from the shame

I had blocked that out fuck ya for reminding me

My toes....

..... they're not supposed to curl up to my shins

Quote from: astfgyl on February 01, 2024, 12:42:31 PMI used to think those Kill II This albums were decent as well. I was very young and innocent though. They are almost impossibly bad. The drummer was in Killing Joke briefly as well I think, sometime around Hosannas
I have your copy of Trinity here and I know it is yours because there is more clear contact than album art left on it holding the digipack together.  CD is in ribbons too so it is Physically and Mentally unlistenable.  Just also remembered the version of Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Two Tribes" with Burton C Bell on there, jaysus

I have a vague recollection of an interview with Kill II This in Metal Hammer years ago...singer said the band name came to him in a dream and was written in blood...absolute cringe. Fuck me, Metal Hammer really pushed some absolute scutter at the time. I bought Bullyrag's debut on the strength of a glowing MH review. Easily the worst album I ever purchased.

Quote from: ochoill on February 01, 2024, 12:46:35 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 01, 2024, 12:42:31 PMI used to think those Kill II This albums were decent as well. I was very young and innocent though. They are almost impossibly bad. The drummer was in Killing Joke briefly as well I think, sometime around Hosannas
I have your copy of Trinity here and I know it is yours because there is more clear contact than album art left on it holding the digipack together.  CD is in ribbons too so it is Physically and Mentally unlistenable.  Just also remembered the version of Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Two Tribes" with Burton C Bell on there, jaysus

Fuck it just gets worse and worse. I'll tell you what, you can keep my copy man.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 01, 2024, 10:47:37 AMPulkas, Defenestration and Kill II This were other names that seemed to get mentioned a lot in MH in the late 90s. Earthtone 9 as well who were pushed as being more mature sounding which I think meant they ripped off Deftones and Tool rather than Korn and Coal Chamber.

Tarrie B, Tura Santana and Symposium are others that come to mind.

For a long time it seemed that The Wildhearts were the be all and end all according to both magazines.
I bought some awful shite back then. I even had the One Minute Silence album.

Quote from: Circlepit on February 01, 2024, 04:37:02 PMFor a long time it seemed that The Wildhearts were the be all and end all according to both magazines.

Second and third One Minute Silence albums are decent. The last two new tunes they put out were good as well.

Wildhearts Endless Nameless is also a great album. Funnily enough it was the one those magazines never really talked about. Abrasive as fuck so it is.

Bush, Papa Roach,Terrorvisìon to add to the list of scutter forced on us!.

The awards were gas,Black Sabbath inducted into the hall of fame every year! :laugh:

Some primo shite being mentioned here. I used to buy the magazine regardless, Kerrang, Terrorizer and MH, it was different when there was no internet, Twas the only way.

3 Colours Red were another one they used to cream themselves over.

Bullyrag, Christ almighty they were dreadful but thankfully I heard a track on a sampler which saved me a purchase.

I will say wildhearts have a couple of good albums PHUQ and Earth Vs have some bangers on there.

Quote from: ochoill on February 01, 2024, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 01, 2024, 12:24:54 PMI had a quick YouTube listen to parts or two K2T songs. Jesus.
:laugh: yeah absolutely woeful.  At the end of one of the albums they do a sort of spoken word rewritten version of the Our Father, it would make you fold up like a deck chair from the shame

Fucking hell I remember the cringe of that 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Survived 7 seconds and started laughing..... next

Quote from: John Kimble on February 01, 2024, 07:18:33 PMLet's not deprive others of the cringe lads

https://youtu.be/tOxSeVnJtBc?si=7T1nxB0trEqQMEib

Beat me to it!!

Good lord it's fucking awful why did I do that to myself. That gave me this sort of buzz....

2011-01-13-beartato-badmemories.png

Quote from: Circlepit on February 01, 2024, 04:37:02 PMFor a long time it seemed that The Wildhearts were the be all and end all according to both magazines.

Raw magazine was another one with their tongues up The Wildhearts holes. They all made them out to be the next GNR. They're a good enough band but I was very underwhelmed when I finally heard their music.

I forgot about that one. I bought Raw every week. I'm sure there was a music show on tv as well with a Jim Martin looking fella.