Deep in the Night by Future Islands has been going through my head on a loop all morning.

The Cure: Shake Dog Shake - I'm assuming it's a haircut hangover. (Watch In Orange for the reference)

Quote from: Carnage on March 17, 2024, 10:32:55 PMThe Cure: Shake Dog Shake - I'm assuming it's a haircut hangover. (Watch In Orange for the reference)

I can't walk past the Shake Dog in Clonmel and I'm off with that one.

And yeah the reference has gone right over my head

Manii - Innerst i mørket (strange they arent called Manes but anyway...nasty brain worm)

Mentors - My Erection is over

Caught myself singing along to it in Heuston earlier. If I don't post for a while I'm probably in jail.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 17, 2024, 10:35:03 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 17, 2024, 10:32:55 PMThe Cure: Shake Dog Shake - I'm assuming it's a haircut hangover. (Watch In Orange for the reference)

I can't walk past the Shake Dog in Clonmel and I'm off with that one.

And yeah the reference has gone right over my head

Smith comes out at the start with a 'Curehead' wig, he'd cut his hair short.

Tinnitus :[
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

Thin Lizzy - "Look What The Wind Blew In".

That new IKEA add with the "come on..." chorus.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on March 20, 2024, 12:23:27 PMThin Lizzy - "Look What The Wind Blew In".

Class song, the early stuff doesn't get enough of a look in.

#133 March 20, 2024, 01:21:17 PM Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 01:23:43 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Carnage on March 20, 2024, 12:57:39 PMClass song, the early stuff doesn't get enough of a look in.

Yeah, it's brilliant. Pairs nicely with Taste's "Blister On The Moon" in a twofer.

A friend of mine lives in Chicago. Completely Irish name, red hair, the whole nine yards, is American born and bred but loves to feel connected to us over here. He asked me to make his local bar a Spotify playlist for their St. Partick's Day party.

He requested/challenged me to only include Irish artists that Yanks might not have heard of and deep-cut belters by well known acts from this fair isle.

That Thin Lizzy track and Iron Mountain's "Bonfires" have both been bouncing around my skull since last week. 

Quote from: The Great Cull on March 20, 2024, 12:29:38 PMThat new IKEA add with the "come on..." chorus.
It's The Hives. They had no need to do such a disjointed edit of the thing. That's not the chorus, it's the entire song  :laugh:  :abbath:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcdP5z6gI0&pp