The Beta Band - The Three EPs

Solid nostalgia trip.

It must be 20 years since I last heard that.  A flatmate of mine was mad into them, I found them a bit hit & miss.

ELVIS PRESLEY - The King Of Rock 'N' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters
DALE WATSON - Chicken Shit Bingo: Live At The Big T Roadhouse   

Quote from: Carnage on September 30, 2024, 11:44:26 PMIt must be 20 years since I last heard that.  A flatmate of mine was mad into them, I found them a bit hit & miss.

Def a bit hit and miss but absolute quality when they hit imo. I remember seeing them in the Redbox/POD back in the day and they really killed it live.

#514 October 01, 2024, 11:30:25 AM Last Edit: October 04, 2024, 11:58:11 PM by Carnage
I was tempted to go to that one myself but didn't in the end, he reckoned they were good alright.

#515 October 01, 2024, 07:44:43 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 07:46:18 PM by Mooncat
Mannequin Pussy - I Got Heaven

The singer is such a badass. Seems the closest we have to a modern day PJ Harvey (early days, rage-filled PJ Harvey that is). There's some awesome hardcore moments throughout the album too

This is a really cool performance. Don't be put off by it's kind of indie start, stick with it for all 3 songs

Saw that pop up and usually check out the KEXP sets but didn't bother with that one. Will have a look.

On an entire Silver Apples discography kick today.

196fucking8, lads.

Alrighty,

Here's something I've done and actually experimenting with...

ElevenEnamelAnimals - Infallable Infantile Forethought (Full Album)

Odd mix of soundtrackesqe, moody synth, a bit proggy in places, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnstPT8bCHk

JOHNNY CASH - Walking The Line: The Legendary Sun Recordings
GEORGE JONES - The Absolutely Essential

A cheap 3 disc collection, but it has some genuinely excellent stuff, most of his early honky tonk and rockabilly singles etc, before he got into the whole ballads thing. Although I like a lot of that too. 

VARIOUS - The Louisiana Hayride Story

4 disc set with the likes of Hank Williams Sr, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton, Elvis, George Jones, Kitty Wells, Maddox Brothers And Rose, and pre-Nashville sound Jim Reeves, as well as a bunch of other now largely forgotten honky tonk, western swing and hillbilly acts performing on the legendary radio/TV show. 

Yee, and indeed, haw.

shnakey self promotion but it ain't metal.  Put out a new Hubert Selby Junior Infants thing today, if you like post hardcorey stuff
https://hsji.bandcamp.com/album/this-damned-mess

#522 October 04, 2024, 11:57:43 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 04:47:30 AM by Carnage
The Cure: Faith - I had a song from this (The Funeral Party) stuck in my head all day so had to run it through to clear it out.

Later (ie, after I fell asleep and woke up) Concert: The Cure Live & Curiosity: Killing The Cat (Cure Anomalies 1977-1984).

My Bloody Valentine: EPs 1988-1991

Samul-Nori – Drums And Voices Of Korea, CD on Nonesuch / Warner Music

https://youtu.be/mHR5t4uSMj4