Loop - Heaven's End
Loop - Fade Out
Loop - A Gilded Eternity

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 15, 2024, 10:08:15 AMLoop - Heaven's End
Loop - Fade Out
Loop - A Gilded Eternity

Only ever heard the Godflesh split with these lads afaik or if I did I don't recall. Is there any of them that sounds anything like that? Wait fuck it I suddenly remember listening to the newest one and it was class I must lash that on now ta fuck

Quote from: astfgyl on October 16, 2024, 11:25:54 PM
Loop - Fade Out
Loop - A Gilded Eternity

Only ever heard the Godflesh split with these lads afaik or if I did I don't recall. Is there any of them that sounds anything like that? Wait fuck it I suddenly remember listening to the newest one and it was class I must lash that on now ta fuck

The newest one is very good alright. Those first 3 albums are class, full of repetitive trancey riffs like a mix of The Stooges and Can.

NP Sugar - Copper Blue
Bob Mould - Blue Hearts

Bernard Wright - "'Nard" (1981). Some dangerously good funk on display here. Whole bunch of other artists drew samples from the album too. 1990s rap nugget "I Wish" came from this beaut of a song.

The Jesus And Mary Chain: Darklands

Is there an album cover that suits the music better than this? Loveless maybe.

The Jesus And Mary Chain: Psychocandy & Darklands.

Dunno why they're hitting the spot so hard lately, but they are.

Quote from: Carnage on October 23, 2024, 02:37:56 AMDamien Rice: O
I got that as a present from the sister along with a Mic Christopher CD, must dig them out for a listen

Skylarking, another great album. I hate their fans, they fetishise them to a nauseating degree but the quality of the music's great.

Quote from: Carnage on October 23, 2024, 04:43:22 PMI hate their fans, they fetishise them to a nauseating degree but the quality of the music's great.

AKA - Hansard's Paradox.

Loop - Fade Out
Loop - A Gilded Eternity

This is really good stuff. I've only listened to the first two so far but just a dose of what I needed.

Have you listened to The Black Angels? Similar buzz to Loop.

You might be into some of the stuff that I've been spinning this week;

Horsegirl - "Visions Of Modern Performance"
Verity Den - "Verity Den"

Quote from: StoutAndAle on Today at 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Carnage on October 23, 2024, 04:43:22 PMI hate their fans, they fetishise them to a nauseating degree but the quality of the music's great.

AKA - Hansard's Paradox.

Loop - Fade Out
Loop - A Gilded Eternity

This is really good stuff. I've only listened to the first two so far but just a dose of what I needed.

Have you listened to The Black Angels? Similar buzz to Loop.

You might be into some of the stuff that I've been spinning this week;

Horsegirl - "Visions Of Modern Performance"
Verity Den - "Verity Den"

Loop are great, the perfect mix of The Stooges and space rock. They released an album in 2022 called Sonancy which is worth checking out too.

Thanks for the recs. Never heard of The Black Angels, Horsegirl, or Verity Den. I'll give them a listen.

You might enjoy The Heads if you're looking for bands in a similar vein to Loop.:

The Black Angels are great. Will check out the others.