Quote from: Carnage on September 21, 2024, 03:08:49 AMThe Cure: Boys Don't Cry

Much better than the UK version of the debut.

It's the only one of theirs I've never listened to at all I must rectify that

It's mighty. Basically Three Imaginary Boys minus a few duds plus a couple of singles.

Quote from: Carnage on September 21, 2024, 01:10:05 PMIt's mighty. Basically Three Imaginary Boys minus a few duds plus a couple of singles.

I may get a go of that this evening I dunno why I left it out. Gone on a buzz for them the last week or so

I'm actually listening to it again at the moment. Great stuff lad.

I'll send you on the bonus/unreleased stuff at some stage, you're missing out on some great stuff.

Fugazi 13 Songs and Repeater. Perfect for an afternoon day drink.

The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me. Great way to start an evening's drinking. Goes especially well with a dark room and a bit of neon.

Quote from: Carnage on September 22, 2024, 01:30:23 AMI'm actually listening to it again at the moment. Great stuff lad.

I'll send you on the bonus/unreleased stuff at some stage, you're missing out on some great stuff.

Jaysus do, I've the whole discography to warm up on before the new one is out

Bad Religion's Suffer and No Control soundtracked my walk yesterday.

NP Stranger Than Fiction

She Past Away - Narin Yalnizlik

Really cool goth (since we're all in The Cure zone) from Turkey. Check out the song Katarsis for a good overview of their vibe. Been loving this band of late. A little bit Sisters, a little bit Cure.

A little bit Sisters, a little bit Cure and a little bit illiterate  :laugh:

Quote from: open face surgery on September 28, 2024, 12:01:59 AMA little bit Sisters, a little bit Cure and a little bit illiterate  :laugh:

I'm giving that a bye ball since English isn't their first language  :laugh:

I have a mate that thought it maybe a reference to the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry's mother dies and it has Past Away on the headstone. Bit of a reach but a fair theory  :laugh:

Cool band anyway but never got rightly stuck in.

Listening to a bit of that now, spot on description Mooncat. I'd throw a bit of Visage in too, maybe.

And the name bugs me too.  :laugh:

Been running through the Leech Woman collection on bandcamp for most of the week. They were filthy. Heard em years ago and didn't think much of it but it's actually great tack. Sounds like it was made in a dirty squat in the best possible way