Their gig with Arkhon Infaustus in the village was decent

Didnt Benton fuck them off the tour?,or at least try to! :laugh: .That gig was ferocious!

Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 22, 2024, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on January 22, 2024, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 22, 2024, 12:58:51 PMI'd rank Obituary in McGonagles touring Cause Of Death as a bigger disappointment. There was gear set up on the stage, just no fucking band showed up. Can you have a trainwreck when there was no performance?  :laugh:

That was The End Complete tour, they made it over okay for Cause of Death.
It was Cause of Death, 100%, I was dying to see Murphy play with them and had given up on them when The End Complete came out, thought it was shite.

Nope. End Complete was the no show. I remember walking down that fucking straight outside Carrickmacross looking for a lift after the show, as I had school the next day. Got home around 3am, and wore the shirt in PE first thing the next morning.
The End Complete no-show, found out when I got to the Sound Cellar that it was off (was told they had missed the ferry), and used my refund to buy A vVision of Misery on tape.

#63 January 22, 2024, 07:06:53 PM Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 07:09:47 PM by Lurker
Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 22, 2024, 12:58:51 PMI'd rank Obituary in McGonagles touring Cause Of Death as a bigger disappointment. There was gear set up on the stage, just no fucking band showed up. Can you have a trainwreck when there was no performance?  :laugh:

It was Cause of Death, 100%, I was dying to see Murphy play with them and had given up on them when The End Complete came out, thought it was shite.
Cause of Death tour May 1991 with Cerebral Fix.All showed up but with West methinks on lead.Loved McGonagles

Quote from: astfgyl on January 22, 2024, 06:28:13 PMTheir gig with Arkhon Infaustus in the village was decent

It was my first ever death metal show. Before they played Bible Basher Benton threw a tomato into the crowd which I caught and kept, my Ma ended up throwing it out during the week. Didn't even get to make a sambo with it, enjoy it once upon th crust.

Mayhem on the OAC tour  in 07 (I think) is one I remember hating for years and years, but I wonder if I was wrong about it. I wasn't into the album at all at the time, revisiting it a bit in the last few years I realize how much depth there actually is in it. It was definitely wanky but I wonder was it better thani give it credit for.

Ordo is a good album but that gig was indeed scutter.

Ya, that gig was cuntish. I was mad into OAC, still love it, but they were mental to try and replicate that sound live. Treble all the way down and bass all the way up.

Quote from: Squigs on January 22, 2024, 08:36:25 PMDidn't even get to make a sambo with it, enjoy it once upon th crust.

:laugh:

Have been fortunate not to have experienced any terrible gigs but..

Speaking of Obituary, I saw them touring 'Xecutioner's Return' in Dublin many moons ago (with Ralph Santolla RIP). I remember the setlist being mostly from that album and the crowd were just... still. It was extremely awkward. Things properly kicked off though when they eventually played all the old 'hits'.

Quote from: Squigs on January 22, 2024, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on January 22, 2024, 06:28:13 PMTheir gig with Arkhon Infaustus in the village was decent

It was my first ever death metal show. Before they played Bible Basher Benton threw a tomato into the crowd which I caught and kept, my Ma ended up throwing it out during the week. Didn't even get to make a sambo with it, enjoy it once upon th crust.

Ah jaysus

I was at one of those 00s Deicide shows but I can't remember which one. No idea who supported but Wykked Wytch rings a bell. I can't remember anything about them and can hardly remember Deicide.

I'll see if I can rustle up more fascinating gig anecdotes later. Standby.

Quote from: Lurker on January 22, 2024, 07:06:53 PM

Cause of Death tour May 1991 with Cerebral Fix.All showed up but with West methinks on lead.Loved McGonagles
Nah, must have been September 90, I think.

Quote from: mickO))) on January 22, 2024, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: Squigs on January 22, 2024, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 22, 2024, 11:57:09 AMI know the have a flaky reputation live;but the gig they did in the Village with Jack owen and Dave Suzuki was unreal!

That'll be 20 years ago in December, not today or yesterday haha

I saw that Glen-less gig, I can't remember when it was though. They were supported by a band one time Wykked Witch and genuinely I was wondering what I was doing spending my money going to see live music for at all. One of the worst experiences I've ever had at a gig.

I saw them in Dec 04 in the Village, the above gig I think was in maybe Sept/Oct 2005, Jan 2007 both in TBMC and then that other show. Was it a gig from Visceral Bleeding or Prostitute Disfigurement who stood in for him?

Was two shows alright one in 05 then another in 07. Maybe the gig without Glen was 07 One thing I do remember is Killswitch Engage played in the ambassador the same night as the gig with no Glen because Jack Owen made a comment about them playing just over the road and he was taking the piss out of them on stage. Wykked Witch played at the show that Glen showed up to because I remember we were standing outside after it and the vocalist from Wykked Witch came up and just started talking to myself and my mate we had idea who or what she was.

I have the ticket stubs from all three Deicide shows so can check to confirm the dates.

It is mad to think that the last time Deicide played in Ireland is 17 years ago this month.
That is mad!was at that gig and all. Bit of a let down without Glen though. They are due a show here so

Quote from: Necro Red on January 23, 2024, 11:14:08 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on January 22, 2024, 05:12:06 PMIt is mad to think that the last time Deicide played in Ireland is 17 years ago this month.
That is mad!was at that gig and all. Bit of a let down without Glen though. They are due a show here so

They were suppose to play here in April 2022 doing Legion in full with Krisiun but the show got cancelled. Krisiun came back at the end of the year supporting Nile but Deicide was never rescheduled. Even if they do plan again by the time that happens they will be touring the upcoming album so we will never get the Legion in full show.