The Key is fantastic, Thresholds is OK but the subsequent stuff has all sounded shit to me. Too much emphasis on the keyboards, no riffs worth bothering with.

They won't touch The Key. Some great bits on Thresholds. Haven't listened to the tune posted but thought the first one released was savage.

Quote from: Carnage on May 17, 2024, 01:22:05 AMThe Key is fantastic, Thresholds is OK but the subsequent stuff has all sounded shit to me. Too much emphasis on the keyboards, no riffs worth bothering with.

The Key is deadly. The keyboards on thresholds sound too cheap and spoils it.

Quote from: Carnage on May 17, 2024, 01:22:05 AMThe Key is fantastic, Thresholds is OK but the subsequent stuff has all sounded shit to me. Too much emphasis on the keyboards, no riffs worth bothering with.

Mike wasn't involved in anything after Thresholds the band was basically taken from him which was how After Death and Nocturnus AD ended up coming about. He didn't even really have that much involvement in Thresholds because at the time Earache were trying to dictate to him how they did / didn't want the band to be.

Paradox the first Nocturnus AD album is great it goes right back to the key lyrically and musically. The AD split with Unaussprechlichen Kulten is some of the best stuff Mike has ever released. Vocals sound odd on that second song but the first preview track sounded great. Will be getting the new album as I can't imagine it being bad.

It was the Browning material I meant, I should have phrased it better. Wasn't a fan of any of it anyway.

Listened through the Nocturnus AD album a couple of times now.  The vocals aren't stellar but the music is great. 

I bought Nocturnus the key back in the day. Always found it an amusing listen never rated it as a classic.

I have a specific memory of listening to it on a walkman, on a bus to a school football match in Athenry. Didn't know what to make of it, the keyboards threw me off at first but I got into it fairly quickly. The same lad who had that had the first Darkthrone album, I remember thinking it sounded 'industrial' at the time.

Michael Angelo Batio - ridiculously talented player and he looks hilarious.

Do himself and Marky Ramone buy their wigs in the same shop?🤣

:laugh: Now what did the whales ever do to Poindexter?

Posting this new Nile tune here for the title alone - 'Chapter for Not Being Hung Upside Down on a Stake in the Underworld and Made to Eat Feces by the Four Apes'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwqMQ2g0NQ

:laugh:  :laugh: ah lads is that the same Slave Stick that they were lashed to back in the day?

Not sure if it's because of the song title, or because I'm in the middle aged man algorithm but when I clicked on the video, I got an ad for Dulcolax.

Quote from: Giggles on May 21, 2024, 11:11:17 AM

Michael Angelo Batio - ridiculously talented player and he looks hilarious.

Legend has it he's a big hit with the ladies..