As far as Judas Priest goes 'Turbo' is great and unfairly maligned, the turd in their catalogue is 'Nostradamus' easily.

No, that'd be their most ambitious album IMO. Redeemer Of Souls is, well, irredeemable.

Quote from: Born of Fire on January 03, 2024, 04:30:15 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2024, 11:27:53 AMThey also appeared on Jools Holland, personally it's so shit I can't even watch it again.

Looked it up there out of morbid curiosity and once again the YouTube comment section has left me wondering if I'm somehow listening to something completely different than the cunts praising it  :-[

Yip totally, hilarious actually.

Quote from: Cosmic_Equilibrium on January 03, 2024, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 30, 2023, 11:30:02 PMArise is the obvious one for me. A watered down version of what had come before that's the sound of a band bored of what they were doing, but doing it anyway. Shit record.

I keep seeing this opinion posted and it makes no sense. Arise is basically BTR part 2. If you liked one you'll like the other surely?

Yeah I don't get this at all. BTR sounds like a proof of concept (their first two albums are unlistenable to me), Arise is the refined version of it.

Quote from: leatherface on January 04, 2024, 03:46:19 PMAs far as Judas Priest goes 'Turbo' is great and unfairly maligned, the turd in their catalogue is 'Nostradamus' easily.
This is very true!
'Nostradamus' is the only Priest album I gave only managed to barely listen to once.

'Turbo' is great.
It was my gateway Priest album.

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 04, 2024, 06:56:10 PM
Quote from: leatherface on January 04, 2024, 03:46:19 PMAs far as Judas Priest goes 'Turbo' is great and unfairly maligned, the turd in their catalogue is 'Nostradamus' easily.
This is very true!
'Nostradamus' is the only Priest album I gave only managed to barely listen to once.

'Turbo' is great.
It was my gateway Priest album.
Nostradamus is a hard listen. I only listened to it once and all. I don't see them ever playing a track live off of it ha ha

Satyricon 'Rebel Extravaganza'. 3 classic albums and then the band went to absolute shit fairly rapidly with this one. Everything that came after this album was even worse.

Quote from: Slaughterday on January 07, 2024, 06:37:39 PMSatyricon 'Rebel Extravaganza'. 3 classic albums and then the band went to absolute shit fairly rapidly with this one. Everything that came after this album was even worse.
Ah here!,this and Volcano are great albums!

Ulver - Themes from William Blake... They should have changed their name after Nattens Madrigal, they became a different band and not a good one imo.

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 07, 2024, 06:50:49 PM
Quote from: Slaughterday on January 07, 2024, 06:37:39 PMSatyricon 'Rebel Extravaganza'. 3 classic albums and then the band went to absolute shit fairly rapidly with this one. Everything that came after this album was even worse.
Ah here!,this and Volcano are great albums!

I love those albums and actually most of what came after as well.

Quote from: Mithrandir on January 07, 2024, 08:10:50 PMUlver - Themes from William Blake... They should have changed their name after Nattens Madrigal, they became a different band and not a good one imo.

I don't like Ulver at all now but I enjoyed William Blake

Glad to see Dave has changed his mind to agree with me at last. He wasn't so upset when the cash was rolling in, though. Didn't he blame Cryptic Writings on management too, or was it Risk? He blamed Friedman for Risk, I thought?

Wanker.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/that_was_just_too_much_dave_mustaine_explains_why_he_was_unhappy_with_compromises_he_had_to_make_on_megadeths_hit_album.html

Ah yes, the Lewis Hamilton of metal. Everything's everyone else's fault.

Sabbat - Mourning Has Broken.

A steaming pile of dogshit.

Quote from: Petardo on April 19, 2024, 07:59:15 PMSabbat - Mourning Has Broken.

A steaming pile of dogshit.

I file this under "so bad it's best to just pretend it never happened".

#134 April 19, 2024, 09:33:43 PM Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 10:15:47 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 19, 2024, 04:50:39 PMGlad to see Dave has changed his mind to agree with me at last. He wasn't so upset when the cash was rolling in, though. Didn't he blame Cryptic Writings on management too, or was it Risk? He blamed Friedman for Risk, I thought?

Wanker.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/that_was_just_too_much_dave_mustaine_explains_why_he_was_unhappy_with_compromises_he_had_to_make_on_megadeths_hit_album.html

This arsehole. I'm a huge fan of classic Megadeth, and even some of the more recent stuff, but the man never stops. How can he still be so bitter after so much success? And he is so full of shit. Blaming Marty Friedman and then acting as if they were "family" when Friedman guested live last year, and every new guitarist is "the one he has been looking for".

Now he is acting as if Max Norman had all the power, or that Dan Huff, or Bud Prager or whomever made all the decisions, rather than Dave fucking Mustaine.       

I see he also claimed that 'Killing Is My Business' was "So ahead if its time that people didn't really understand it" which seems a bit weird to me.

I mean perhaps the general public or more mainstream metal/hard rock fans wouldn't have got it at the time, but given the sort of records that preceded it - The first few Venom,  Heavy Metal Maniac, Kill Em All, Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits, Bonded By Blood, Feel The Fire, War And Pain, In The Sign Of Evil, Sentence Of Death and Infernal Overkill, Morbid Tales, the first two Bathory etc - surely it was very much of it's time?

Yeah, as an album 'Killing...' has been overlooked or unfairly maligned at times, I often found myself defending it over the years, but how exactly was it so ahead of it's time? It's not like it's a completely separate style from their other albums, or that of their peers, one that a million bands picked up on a decade later or whatever.