The Manical Laughters Of Suicide's an Alternative S.T.

Exodus-pleasures of the flesh .always thought the intro was funny

Album is hit and miss .drum sound ruins it

Quote from: Shitstirrer on December 03, 2023, 03:05:29 AMExodus-pleasures of the flesh .always thought the intro was funny

Album is hit and miss .drum sound ruins it
love that album, totally agree about drum sound, they almost sound like 80s electric Simmons drum pads. And the snare is reverbed to death. Still a great album despite that.

I always liked how the intro to Inquisitor - Walpurgis really sets the tone for how deranged and frantic that album is

And of course Martyrdoom starting Graves of the Archangels is one of the best openers ever

Another one is the start of Australian and anti-christ - confess! Confess! FUCKKK YOUUU!! to the sound of people being burned alive. D666 at their most D666.

Quote from: Mithrandir on December 04, 2023, 08:08:35 AMI always liked how the intro to Inquisitor - Walpurgis really sets the tone for how deranged and frantic that album is

I'm coming late to this thread, but this is a great choice  :abbath:  :abbath:

#50 December 04, 2023, 10:25:02 AM Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 10:29:26 AM by The Butcher
Obvious ones have been mentioned like Metallica - Blackened - just never get tired of it. For drum intros you can't beat Painkiller (although Death - Flattening of Emotions gives it a good run for it's money)

Acoustic I'd go for Moonshield from In Flames.

Non metal opener - Radiohead - Airbag, first riff I learned to play on guitar.

The little harmonised intro The Ripper by Priest.   

The haunting intro to Into The Crypt Of Rays on Morbid Tales, it still gives me the horn when that riff eventually kicks in.

Quote from: The Butcher on December 04, 2023, 10:25:02 AMAcoustic I'd go for Moonshield from In Flames.

For acoustic intros you can't really beat Fight Fire with Fire or Battery.

To be fair Metallica had some great intros back in the 80s  8)

#55 December 06, 2023, 08:49:12 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:57:31 PM by Thorn
Eh ,Moonshield is a five minute long track

Like, the acoustic but is just part of the song rather than an intro per se. I always thought so anyway.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes