Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 02, 2023, 09:15:50 AMFacedown... that name rings a distant bell.

Swedish band. Marco from the Haunted was their frontman. Their debut, Mindfield was from 1995 and they got lots of annoying comparisons to Machine Head as Burn My Eyes was out around same time.

I think they toured with them as well, possibly supported MH in the SFX?

That was Mary Beats Jane. Peter Dolvings band before The Haunted

I think I had a song recorded off the metal show. MBJ opened for MH with Meshuggah. I remember fuck all at this point.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 02, 2023, 10:52:46 AMI think I had a song recorded off the metal show. MBJ opened for MH with Meshuggah. I remember fuck all at this point.

Possibly one of the old Metal Hammer cover mounted CDs? That's how I heard of them initially. Was some scutter on most of those CDs in the mid 90s

Quote from: The Great Cull on December 02, 2023, 09:59:41 AMThat was Mary Beats Jane. Peter Dolvings band before The Haunted

Ah. Wouldn't be into them either.

The intro to Black Sabbath is the most iconic to me. Followed closely by "Basically" intro to N.I.B.
Pure magic!

GnR's intro to 'Welcome...' is another great shout. Makes me want go grab the floor brush and get ready to headbang Axl style around the kitchen.

Off-Topic maybe! But...
House Of Pain - Jump Round.
Instant smile on my face at the impending embarassment of my kids.

#37 December 02, 2023, 12:04:43 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 12:06:18 PM by Carnage
The scream at the start of Left Hand Path.

The feedback leading into Like Rats, sets up what's coming perfectly.

Love the intro to Urgehal's 'Stesolid Self-Destruction to Damnation' from their 'Ikonoklast' album. One of my favourite movies sampled...'that cold ain't the weather that's death approaching'.

Any of the intros on the songs  from carcass necroticism album.

I'll give you the first one as it sets up the album nicely. The others are unwelcome interruptions IMO.

Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2023, 03:05:17 PMI'll give you the first one as it sets up the album nicely. The others are unwelcome interruptions IMO.

I agree with this. It's my least-played Carcass record, when it should be my most.

See also - Pestilence's Testimony of the Ancients. At least they had the good grace to make the interludes seperate tracks (at least on whichever CD of it I have).

Agreed. I skipped the Pestilence ones when I ripped it, and cut out the Carcass ones (apart from the first one, but I made it a separate track, and added the TOTT B-sides at the end), much better listening experience.

Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2023, 12:04:43 PMThe scream at the start of Left Hand Path.

The feedback leading into Like Rats, sets up what's coming perfectly.

2 beauties right there!

Find it hard to top what has already been mentioned

Mmmmmm ....

Metallica: Whiplash!

Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2023, 03:53:18 PMAgreed. I skipped the Pestilence ones when I ripped it, and cut out the Carcass ones (apart from the first one, but I made it a separate track, and added the TOTT B-sides at the end), much better listening experience.

I ripped the Pestilence ones just to keep a "complete" back up, but they never see the storage of a mobile device.

Must sit down with Audacity and Necroticism some evening.