Not usually a fan of movie samples in songs but The Exorcist III sample at the beginning of Crown of Horns by Cryptopsy is perfect.

The ominous keyboards and thunder sound intro to Into the Infinity of Thoughts before the chaos kicks in still gives me goose bumps.

EVERY ONE OF US HAS HEARD THE CALLLLLLLL!!!!

Probably a bit of a cliche but I've always had a grá for the intro to 'Blinded by by Fear' by At the Gates.

...."We are blind to the worlds within us, waiting to be born." (guitars kick in) DNN DNN, DNN DNN

Good old Luke Rhinehart and his crazy adventures  8)

Is that a quite from The Diceman then? Never knew that, despite reading it years ago.

#19 December 01, 2023, 11:54:36 AM Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 11:56:11 AM by Snare
Good calls on Deicide and Vital Remains  :abbath:

One that stands out for me is Brutal Truth on Extreme Conditions...

"Time" plods away slowly for the longest track on the album after some right blistering grind attack.

Turn over the LP or tape, or the CD continues, and you're soon given a sharp shock out of your near slumber with the spoken plea "I hope you make sure we're properly dead before you start" followed by absolute mayhem as Kevin Sharp scream lasts 13 seconds accompanied by an all out attack from the rest of the band on "Walking Corpse"

Perfect. What a way to get things moving again.

Metalstorm/Face the Slayer. Forty years old in two days!

The fade-in intro to The Heretic on The Headless Children. Nice little guitar noodle and vocal chant, the bass drum and chords ramping it up a bit, then that quick tom roll and full speed ahead. Lovely stuff.

I'm going route one here but the intro to "Welcome To The Jungle" opening up "Appetite For Destruction" was the first thing that came to my mind.

That denneh-neh nen-en-eh, denellenellehnelleleh... "Oh my god!" all the way to the "CHAAAA!" before all hell breaks loose on the record still sets my pulse racing.

"I am the killer of children" Abaddon incarnate Last Supper

Walking Corpse, GNR and AI are all great shouts!

As mentioned Welcome To The Jungle is killer. When he used to scream " You know where the fuck you are?" live it was pure magic.

Grand Magus - I, The Jury. When JB lets out that big holler at the start. It's so epic that I have screamed it out many times whilst driving.

Seventh Star - Dead End. Great intro before the hardcore kicks in.

Martyr AD - On Earth As It Is In Hell. Slow build up before the riffs kick in.

Emperor - Anthems. It's majestic.

Absu opening Tara with Pillars of Mercy right after the bagpipe intro.

A Dangerous Meeting building up Dont Break the Oath.

Bolzer - Hero/The Archer.

Dead Breed by Facedown

https://youtu.be/t34aw5NPyhc?si=25Rmt2J7PvANbp0Q

Also Blackened by Metallica is still their best album intro.

Facedown... that name rings a distant bell.