Quote from: Trev on May 26, 2024, 11:05:37 AM22 years since Ozzlessfest in Punchestown, can't remember why it was he didn't turn up

Saving himself for the queen's jubilee iirc. Saw a good few lads turning around and fucking off when it was announced. I was mad into Tool so I didn't mind but I can see why Ozzy fans wouldn't have much to get excited about in the lineup

This classic could have been a Manilla Road demo

One of the lads pointed out the similarites to Pagan Altar before so I'm more on that 😄

Haha yeah that's a better call  :laugh:

#379 May 27, 2024, 10:46:36 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:50:59 PM by Ducky
Have ye ever watched any of Phil Thomas Katt's videos? He's also metal-as-fuck.

This one even features Mark Gormley in the background on guitar doing his Power Stance™  :abbath:

Edit - just checked Spotify, PKT has a 49 song compilation on Spotify. I've five hours on a bus tomorrow... fuck yeah.

Edit 2 - Mark Gormley is there too!

Quote from: open face surgery on May 27, 2024, 10:26:18 PMOne of the lads pointed out the similarites to Pagan Altar before so I'm more on that 😄

I thought maybe Ashbury, but yeah. It's a cool song.

Unexpected blast from the unchartered past here with Mark Gormley!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Anthrax members are weird as fuck. They can't turn up for their own gig half the time, but can tour with literally anyone else. I mean, Charlie playing with Pantera sort of makes sense to some degree, but who saw this coming?

https://blabbermouth.net/news/anthraxs-frank-bello-to-play-bass-for-satyricon-during-2024-european-festival-run

What's next, Nocturno Culto replaces Robbin Crosby in a RATT reunion? Joey DeMaio steps in for Justin Chancellor on the next Tool tour?

There have been some odd replacements/swaps etc in recent years. The weirdest for me was Bobby Gustafson joining Vio-lence, only for Phil Demmel to then go off and tour with Overkill.

When Bello left Anthrax the last time he joined Helmet.

Well, that made a bit more sense. Although I was glad when he went back to Anthrax, even though obviously Joey Vera is no slouch.

Didn't know where to put this, apparently it's old news now anyway:

Vanessa Warwick has an online rock/metal show on the go called Heavy Metal Heydaze, first I heard of it was a Facebook post by Saxon.

https://medium.com/@livinglifefearless/heavy-metal-heydaze-is-a-new-show-dedicated-to-fans-of-heavy-metal-rock-3ffd94c89591

Thought she was out of the game these days
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

She looks like she's on the game these days TBH.

Yeah, I thought the same but Saxon posted on Facebook that Biff was doung an interview with her, first I'd heard of it.

I keep seeing so many discogs sellers based in Greece records that are 10+ years old that say *MINT SEALED UNPLAYED* Is Greece just full of basements and storage lockers filled with sealed metal records in the hopes to flip them one day? I've seen so many that it doesn't make sense, are they just buying multiple copies at the time of release or are they just resealing them themselves? The records aren't even worth that much to seem worth it.

Holy Smoke was the lead single from No Prayer For The Dying even though it sounds like an obscure bside with demo production values...what the fucking fuck were they thinking?