It's alright, a bit Priest-by-the-numbers at first, picks up toward the end before yet another solo. The synthwave style intro is appalling though.

Liking that track, was surprised by the power-metally vocal melody in the verse but it's pretty cool.

Threw on Firepower after and it still holds up, could have trimmed a track or two but it's easily their best since Painkiller, looking forward to the new one and seeing them in March.

You have to respect Halford's (and the bands) genuine passion for heavy metal music, never went through that weird period of resenting being associated with the genre, or the dreaded "we're not a metal band phase" every metal band that gets successful seems to go through. That's why they're still delivering after 50 years while their peers are phoning it in.

Quote from: ldj on October 14, 2023, 01:31:34 AMThrew on Firepower after and it still holds up, could have trimmed a track or two but it's easily their best since Painkiller...

Theo only track I initially didn't like on Firepower was Flame Thrower. Easily the cheesiest of the bunch, but even that grew on me over time.
The album is a banger from start to finish.

Panic Attack isn't bad, it's a bit cheesey and reminds me of the Painkiller and even Ram it down era. Some nice guitar and Halford sounds good.

I'm surprised at how much I like that new song. Pure Top Gun metal.

Loved Firepower, I'd agree with the comment regarding Flame Thrower. New track is solid Priest.

Yeah, another Firepower would be no harm. Another Redeemer Of Souls on the other hand...

Quote from: ldj on October 14, 2023, 01:31:34 AMYou have to respect Halford's (and the bands) genuine passion for heavy metal music, never went through that weird period of resenting being associated with the genre, or the dreaded "we're not a metal band phase" every metal band that gets successful seems to go through. That's why they're still delivering after 50 years while their peers are phoning it in.

Thought I read somewhere years ago that at one point Halford would only listen to music that he had recorded himself which is also very bizarre if true.

Love that new track, yeah it's not groundbreaking but it did bring a smile to my face and I did end up listening to Priest for the rest of the day yesterday so job done in my book!

Listened to it a couple of times. Grand like.

Weak as fuck, to be honest. The Tom Sawyer middle section doesn't save it. It doesn't go anywhere, it doesn't say anything, it just exists for the sake of existing, by the (mediocre Sneap-by-numbers production) sound of it. Jugulator remains the last thing they did of any merit or personality. I bought Firepower based on all the positive reactions and thought it was fairly crap, to be honest. Won't make that mistake again.

Nothing wrong with that track, I like the synthetic intro too 🤘

I like it. Thought Firepower was shite but that works for me.