Maybe it's nostalgia and the want to hear more music from them but the new track sounds good to me. Nothing that reinvents the wheel but well thought out and great to hear Axl's voice on something fresh, really enjoyed the leads too. Hopefully they'll drop a record but god only knows almost 40 years at it and only 4 studio albums to show for it  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHPBDN2Tp0

Curiosity got the better of me and I listened to it this morning. It's weak as fuck. Granted, it's immeasurably better than Hard School but released under any other name it would sink without trace.

Ah no, while I admit there's nothing new going on in it there's a layer of class about it that would put it above their peers.

As far as I know this is another reworked track from the Chinese Democracy era.

Definitely one of the strangest reunions in rock, get back two iconic members and then in the next 7 years release 3 singles that were written during the bands most maligned era.

Would have been interested to hear what they could come up with but it's not a great sign.

That sounds like a rocked up Scissor Sisters

QuoteDefinitely one of the strangest reunions in rock, get back two iconic members and then in the next 7 years release 3 singles that were written during the bands most maligned era.

Now that I'll agree with. Bizarre altogether as is their endless touring.

I've read snippets and yeah a bunch of the record is stuff left over from the Chinese sessions but apparently there's stuff on there that they've written together.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on August 18, 2023, 09:56:41 AMAh no, while I admit there's nothing new going on in it there's a layer of class about it that would put it above their peers.
It's probably had more spent on recording it than their peers would see collectively in their lifetime. It's still fucking terrible, though. It's a weak song just polished up nice and shiny.

That fucking sucks. Wouldn't have particularly high expectations for new G'n'R material but that wouldn't even make the grade for Chinese Democracy.

I've always maintained that GNR wrote one great album ('AFD') and have coasted off it ever since. Not bad for one good album, respect.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on August 18, 2023, 10:42:06 AM
QuoteDefinitely one of the strangest reunions in rock, get back two iconic members and then in the next 7 years release 3 singles that were written during the bands most maligned era.

Now that I'll agree with. Bizarre altogether as is their endless touring

Wouldn't say it's bizarre at all. I'd reckon they're savvy enough to know that most folks will only want to hear the classic stuff and they probably won't ever come close to recapturing that energy anyway with new material so why not tour as much as they can and bring in that nostalgia money.

#11 August 20, 2023, 01:28:27 AM Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 04:39:14 AM by Eoin McLove
Not a bad song. They'll never in a million years recapture what they did in the 80s so no point even thinking about it. I reckon an album full of Don't Cry or November Rain style epics wouldn't be beyond them and could be a real treat. I think the grit, energy and obnoxiousness of the early stuff is well out of reach but I bet Axl could still pen a proper tear jerker on the piano.

Fired on Appetite 8)

I think the song is very bland. Some of the video sequences, whatever way they shot it look class.

I didn't realise there was so many randomers in GnR. Reed's wife.....? Fortus, if ever there was a hired hand. Ferrer is a good enough drummer. I was reading the song credits for Chinese democracy and the scatter of tunes these lads actually play on! its not really a band. For example Josh Freese is the drummer on Hardskool its self..... confused! defo not a solid line up.

I bought the Hardskool ep which I quite liked and the sound on it is far superior to what was transmitted via youtube.

I can see why it's a discarded Chinese Democracy era song.

Chinese Democracy was muck, don't know why they're bothering going back to songs that Axl didn't think were good enough for it at the time

Then again, they've managed to pull off a 40 year career off the back of one good album, their fans will lap up any shite they put out