I think they're finished to be honest, I don't think they've toured outside the states since Tuckers return. I know they did alright numbers wise on this run but there's only so many laps you can run round the same markets.

Stories that Trey and Petes vodka consumption was/is unfortunately prodigious. Trey at it hard on this tour by all accounts. Is the Euro touring thing for MA not related as much to Tuckers convictions?

Quote from: Despondent_Soul2 on April 23, 2023, 11:32:52 AMIs the Euro touring thing for MA not related as much to Tuckers convictions?

You can easily get into most European countries if not all with convictions. US, Oz and Canada for the most part are the countries where you will face issues. I know a promoter in Canada that wanted to bring MA over there a few times but couldn't because Trey has numerous DUIs. A recent video from last year that I am not going to post here was going around of Trey arrested under the influence in Florida last year.

My guess is they are too old and not bothered travelling around Europe in a van at least in the US they are still in their own country when touring so if they want to go home earlier or anything it is much easier.

Quote from: mickO))) on April 23, 2023, 11:55:03 AM
Quote from: Despondent_Soul2 on April 23, 2023, 11:32:52 AMIs the Euro touring thing for MA not related as much to Tuckers convictions?

You can easily get into most European countries if not all with convictions. US, Oz and Canada for the most part are the countries where you will face issues. I know a promoter in Canada that wanted to bring MA over there a few times but couldn't because Trey has numerous DUIs. A recent video from last year that I am not going to post here was going around of Trey arrested under the influence in Florida last year.

My guess is they are too old and not bothered travelling around Europe in a van at least in the US they are still in their own country when touring so if they want to go home earlier or anything it is much easier.

What I've read here previously (*unverifiable internet anecdote alert*) is that Tucker skipped bail here in Ireland (he lived here for a while) while awaiting sentence (or just the trial, can't remember) for spousal abuse and hightailed it back to the States. I imagine this could very definitely cause problems for him if he were to come back to Europe - indeed I can't see any other reason that they haven't.

Trey's mother (her again) has said fairly recently that he's keen to get back to Europe and presumably it makes a lot of business sense.

I don't know about the multiple DUIs - the court documentation for his recent DUI case said he had no previous convictions. In fact, I believe on this occasion there were issues with the case (breathalyzer not calibrated) and he pled guilty instead to the lesser charge of reckless driving, so no DUI on this occasion either.

Quote from: The Ancient Ones on April 23, 2023, 12:09:33 PM

What I've read here previously (*unverifiable internet anecdote alert*) is that Tucker skipped bail here in Ireland (he lived here for a while) while awaiting sentence (or just the trial, can't remember) for spousal abuse and hightailed it back to the States. I imagine this could very definitely cause problems for him if he were to come back to Europe - indeed I can't see any other reason that they haven't.

Trey's mother (her again) has said fairly recently that he's keen to get back to Europe and presumably it makes a lot of business sense.

I don't know about the multiple DUIs - the court documentation for his recent DUI case said he had no previous convictions. In fact, I believe on this occasion there were issues with the case (breathalyzer not calibrated) and he pled guilty instead to the lesser charge of reckless driving, so no DUI on this occasion either.

About the DUIs I am just going on what I was told during a drunken conversation that took place after a show one night maybe I might have picked something up wrong because Absu was also discussed in relation to not being able to enter Canada on a few occasions due to some members having previous convictions.

Yes Steve lived in Cork for a while seen a few mention that on here before and in that case if he has skipped bail then that could be an issue because it's a completely different situation to having previous convictions. I would guess he could be easily extradited from another EU country but then again if they really wanted him they could also extradite from the US to here as well.

Either way even if they do make it back to Europe given the story you told MA will most likely not play Ireland again as long as Tucker is in the band.

Quote from: The Ancient Ones on April 23, 2023, 12:09:33 PM

Yeah it was that situation with Tucker rather than Trey i was referring. I thought he served his time (or at least some of it), but that the conviction might prove problematic to his leaving America.

It is a shame and so is whatever is going on with Trey. I have seen comments from people on other forums who attended some of these recent shows and up until what happened on Friday MA had apparently been great live.

Never got to see them with Tucker so I would love to see one of those Tucker era only sets that they did on the 2017 tour.

Trey's mother (once again) released a statement yesterday on what happened.

"I would like to say thank you for all of your well wishes for my son, Trey. As it appears, Trey was totally dehydrated. His back issue was due to him slipping while going down the stairs of the bus and hit his back on one of the stairs. They have decided to go ahead and have a show tonight And I am just hoping and praying that all goes well.

"I had a message from Dan [Vadim Von, MORBID ANGEL guitarist], he said that Trey got rest last night and was up and around and seem to be ready.

"I will continue to watch anything I can find about tonight. When he returns home tomorrow, I know he'll need rest, but also needs to get some medical help.

"Again, thank you so much for your concern. He loves his fans"

#38 April 23, 2023, 03:30:30 PM Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 03:48:10 PM by Pagan Saviour
The stuff about Tucker not playing Ireland again isn't true, this lineup was booked to play two shows here around the time of Kingdom's Disdains release a few years back. The whole tour got pulled because of Tuckers convictions (Treys DUI hadn't happened yet). I think the odds of them touring anywhere other than the USA are grim.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 23, 2023, 03:30:30 PMThe stuff about Tucker not playing Ireland again isn't true, this lineup was booked to plate two shows here around the time of Kingdom's Disdains release a few years back. The whole tour got pulled because of Tuckers convictions (Treys DUI hadn't happened yet). I think the odds of them touring anywhere other than the USA are grim.

Have seen talk from various US bands about convictions causing all sorts of trouble getting out, and back in!, in recent years as a consequence of America just generally being a bit crazy these days!!

Having never seen either incarnation live I'd imagine that the Tucker fronted one would be the one to see. Yes Vincent was at the forefront of their iconic material but that beast of old is long gone. He sounded worn out even by the time Domination was released.

Quote from: Born of Fire on April 23, 2023, 04:40:29 PMHaving never seen either incarnation live I'd imagine that the Tucker fronted one would be the one to see. Yes Vincent was at the forefront of their iconic material but that beast of old is long gone. He sounded worn out even by the time Domination was released.
Even though I'm a fan of Kingdoms Disdained (I'd rate it joint 4th best of their albums with Domination) I think most people would prefer a set like the below from I Am Morbid (random show last year) than the Tucker heavy shows MA have been playing.

Yep would 100% agree. As I said earlier I'm a fan of both eras, that Formulas show in 99 was unreal but gimme I am morbid any day over this.

Side note, Trey seemed to have recovered in time for last nights show.

Those sores would suggest he's doing a lot more than drinking..