The 2 things I'd take away from the Winterfyllth set was every vocal line had the same key, pitch and cadence and the fact that it looked like a band rehearsal.

Yerman Secthdamon seems to be morphing o to Daryl front The Walking Dead.

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 24, 2024, 10:08:34 AMWere people expecting some kind of mad crazy pit action at this or something?.
Yeah I'm not sure, I was in a sort of trance watching, young lad next to me was giving it socks though. Ihsahn being the most metal dude on the planet with a pastel purple Tele was a nice touch!

Quote from: jpm4 on March 24, 2024, 10:09:26 AMDuring Emperor a guy next to me - patch jacket, every festival ever attended tag on his arm - spent an entire song typing out a We're Not Worthy post on Facebook. "It's taken 33 years for these warriors of Valhalla to make it to these shores" or something, fuck sake  :)

:laugh:

State of some folk ffs

#348 March 24, 2024, 10:39:14 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:24:44 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
that show made me love Anthems... even more. a total masterpiece performed expertly last night. imo the high water mark was acclamation of bonds & with strength i burn after all those anthems tunes in a row firing you up. got there at the end again with the last few & Ye Entrancemperium (wish they milked it with Alsvartr building up to the closer) crowd was the only let down but yeah the pit disrupted the place.

Quote from: jpm4 on March 24, 2024, 10:09:26 AMDuring Emperor a guy next to me - patch jacket, every festival ever attended tag on his arm - spent an entire song typing out a We're Not Worthy post on Facebook. "It's taken 33 years for these warriors of Valhalla to make it to these shores" or something, fuck sake  :)
:laugh:

A lot of absolute weapons around last night alright!

The knuckle draggery has gone up a few notches at gigs in recent times!

Great show, really loved it

Also meant to mention the setlist. We heard more from Nightside than I thought, couldn't be happier with that. Really really hope they come back to Ireland again.

Curse you all men, been watching clips of it for years,was epic to finally see it performed in the flesh!

What a tune!

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 24, 2024, 10:08:34 AMWere people expecting some kind of mad crazy pit action at this or something?.

No definitely not I just expected to see an enthusiastic crowd excited to see a great band for the very first time. That was my 4th time seeing Emperor and every other time you could just feel the excitement in the air before they took to the stage. When the intro would start playing the crowd chants would start and it didn't stop until the show was over which just wasn't there last night.

The crowd reaction to Emperor felt more like what you would get for a decent support band at a big show who people were not familiar with but showed up to check them out because they heard they were good rather than a band of this magnitude who are only playing a handful of indoor shows with us being very lucky to get one of them. No pit section and a half decent support band to rev people up may have changed some of this.

I would love to know what the Scottish crowd were like the night before. The mixing up of Anthems in with other songs rather than just playing the album from start to finish was a great idea.

Even though I knew it was coming when he started I Am The Black Wizards I had goosebumps all over.

Good wallop from Nightside alright, when the gig was announced I was thinking we'd be lucky to get 1-2 from it.

Was the crowd like the prawn and blazer brigade who attend the  Irish home 6 Nations games then ?

Wouldn't know a Night Spirit from a Thunderstruck but go for the prestige and to get some selfies with the one or two dorks who show up in corpse paint, while the real fans get sloshed in the Foggy Dew.  :laugh:

There was a lack of recognition or acknowledgment of certain tracks being played alright. Especially for the Nightside stuff.

Must have been lucky where we we were in the middle section; subdued but no fuckwittery at all. Amazing set, if anyone has it I'd like to listen to it again as a playlist.

I was on the barrier so didn't see what was  behind me. No idea who else was enthused. Enjoyed every second of it. An incredible feat for DME to get them to play in Ireland.