One of my all time favourite gigs.
Sound not 100% but I cant remember being at an extreme metal gig where it was. A few annoying knuts around me alright, a couple just chatting and looking around for the night, a few fellas taking too many videos but sure look it.

Outstanding performance from the band, in my opinion. Hope I get to see them again.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 24, 2024, 06:31:17 AMSound for Winterfylleth was atrocious. Only I'd done a bit of homework I'd have struggled to differentiate the tracks. They don't have any stage presence either which doesn't help.

Emperor were flawless, I was seated in the circle - great view and sound was spot on.

Lot of special cases in there it has to be said, 80% Sound, 20%let out for the day. Complete geehole in the front row in the wrong seat wouldn't get out of the thing to allow the actual ticket holders access to their seats, seemed to go on forever. Just as one example.

Didn't even look at the merch as the queue was insane.

Wasn't that the same one who then decided to wander down the aisle to the barrier later on so she could stand and start filming, and tried to ignore the security girl?
And no 2XL shirts available for Emperor. Oh well.

The very one, complete geehole and her mates were the cast of the Hills Have Eyes

I'm still buzzing from that gig.
I said I'm a previous post that it felt like I was witnessing something special.
It was my first time seeing them, I  had a perfect view and the set list was brilliant.

The musicianship is on another level when it sines to a band like that.

That dolly bird is the wrong seats was moved at least twice before she was told to from the front row. That female security guard was having none of her shit though.

I stood in that merch queue for ages and there was only size massive left. Ah well.

Home for 2 and off for an under 12's match with himself now. Rock N' Roll!

A workmanlike performance .devoid of any passion.

Great to hear a few of my favourite emperor songs but a very sterile blast fest is all I got out of it

I was up in the circle and thought the sound was very good. Enjoyed the shit out of the gig - Emperor were flawless, and it was great to see them in such a venue. Trym and Ihsahn were particularly impressive to see doing their thing live.

I could only see a small bit of the crowd in the standing section but yeah, I was expecting it to be wild whereas it was fairly mellow from what I could see.

Winterfilleth were alright - felt like they had one speed and are the most dad-looking band I've ever seen (nothing against the dads, I look like them as well). 

Keyboard player looked like someone's Uncle

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 24, 2024, 09:01:50 AMKeyboard player looked like someone's Uncle

Hans Zimmers second cousin is what we were saying  :laugh: Dad band is the best description of them!

The musicianship was off the charts. I thought it was great. I am the black wizards and thus spake the night spirit were my particular highlight. Crowd was a bit flat, most of us are ancient I guess
Last time I'm doing a gig standing. My arthritic knees are destroyed today.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on March 24, 2024, 09:14:55 AMThe musicianship was off the charts. I thought it was great. I am the black wizards and thus spake the night spirit were my particular highlight. Crowd was a bit flat, most of us are ancient I guess

You've encapsulated everything there!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 24, 2024, 09:27:50 AM
Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on March 24, 2024, 09:14:55 AMThe musicianship was off the charts. I thought it was great. I am the black wizards and thus spake the night spirit were my particular highlight. Crowd was a bit flat, most of us are ancient I guess

You've encapsulated everything there!  :laugh:  :abbath:
Nearly! I forgot the obligatory culchie up for the weekend grumble about the cost of a pint in Dublin. Scandalous carry on!

Wait until he tries to buy a 3-bed semi.

Were people expecting some kind of mad crazy pit action at this or something?.

The lead Winterflyth guy always looks like an accountant, you'd think they'd figure out some sort of aesthetic that fits the music. I thought they were fine though, don't get the hate.

During Emperor a guy next to me - patch jacket, every festival ever attended tag on his arm - spent an entire song typing out a We're Not Worthy post on Facebook. "It's taken 33 years for these warriors of Valhalla to make it to these shores" or something, fuck sake  :)