#316 March 24, 2024, 12:05:05 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 07:20:31 AM by pete

Pretty cool they mixed the set list up from the Glasgow gig. ihsahn is some guitar player must be said. Also - whoever that keyboard player is he's definitely the coolest heavy metal keyboardist! Cooler than the Winterflyth guy anyways.

Only downer was the crowd seemed fairly subdued, though the place would be going bananas.

Great gig sound was a bit messy for some tracks but glad they sorted it out.The nightside tracks were brilliant tonight.

Good show but nowhere near as good as what I was expecting. Sound for the vocals was terrible for the entire gig though.

Would have been nice if some announcement or whatever was made prior to the show about a pit being there. It seemed to be full of people on phones / having conversations for the entire show whereas the actual fans were stuck at the back and why because they didn't show up to see the piss poor pay to play support?

The crowd reaction was nowhere near what I was expecting either. I was thinking everyone would be chanting 'emperor' from
The very start but that didn't seem to happen until 3/4 ways through the show.

Nobody at least around me seemed to even know the lyrics either. I don't know maybe I built this gig up too much in my head given how long ago it was announced thinking it would be one that not only the fans but the band would always remember since this was the first time an iconic band that had been together for over 30 years had played in Ireland.

As I said it wasn't bad by any means and the crowd did cheer but I don't know I just expected so much more.

Setlist was great and the band themselves put on a great show.

#321 March 24, 2024, 12:28:34 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:33:24 AM by Circlepit
I thought it was brilliant. The only criticism is that the backing tracks were overly loud at some points.
Trym bate that kit like it owed him money.

The whole thing was loud as fuck and the songs hit all the spots for me.

The support band were not for me at all.

As regards the phone thing where I was there were people just watching the entire gig through the screen. The fella to my right was texting away for most of the gig.
Each to their own I suppose. I get the point about expecting the crowd to be going wild.
For me when that fella introduced them and they can on I was transfixed, I felt like I was witnessing something special.

Was there a pit on the floor?

I was watching scobes' live video from the balcony and I've never seen a more dead crowd.

Crowd was a bit dead alright, but myself I was giving it socks in the middle section between the two barriers. Thought they pretty much sorted the sound out by end of first track. I mean yeah, sound could have been better but first time to see Emperor and it being in the Olympia, no way I was going to miss it and so glad I didn't. Great to see the few heads I bumped into too. Great setlist, loved it. Loved it. Also very drunk now  :abbath:

Thought the crowd was going to be a bit more lively alright, although most of the people around me were fucking hammered and barely able to stand. Wonder if a lot of people made the day of it and forgot there was actually a gig to watch

#325 March 24, 2024, 01:00:52 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 11:24:40 AM by The Butcher
Was right up at the last barrier before the front pit section and yeah that division probably killed a bit of the interaction of the crowd overall.

Sound wasn't 100% but I thought Emperor nailed it. He's some guitarist. Top notch setlist.

Good to see the old chap with the cane and hat make another appearance since the cattle decapitation gig  :laugh:  he even started the first mosh in the "pit" section. So bizarre seeing a domestic between a couple happen in front of me (she kept rubbing his back throughout the gig demanding attention he was having none of it 😅) and some chap off his brains got thrown out in front of me and some dope with a web like tat on back of neck demanding to jump over the barrier twice into the pit section because he didn't want to walk a few more steps around  :laugh:  apart from those Mongos I thought it was a good gig. Think the Jameson since 4pm has caught up with me now though  :abbath:

Also some chap and his missus at the front decided to have a moment towards the end that reminded me of the ballroom scene in the  Labyrinth film :laugh:

Loved every minute of that!;

#328 March 24, 2024, 06:31:17 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:52:17 AM by Pagan Saviour
Sound for Winterfylleth was atrocious. Only I'd done a bit of homework I'd have struggled to differentiate the tracks. They don't have any stage presence either which doesn't help.

Emperor were flawless, I was seated in the circle - great view and sound was spot on.

Lot of special cases in there it has to be said, 80% Sound, 20%let out for the day. Complete geehole in the front row in the wrong seat wouldn't get out of the thing to allow the actual ticket holders access to their seats, seemed to go on forever. Just as one example.

Didn't even look at the merch as the queue was insane.

#329 March 24, 2024, 07:16:25 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 07:21:34 AM by pete
Quote from: Cailleach on March 24, 2024, 12:09:50 AM
Quote from: pete on March 24, 2024, 12:05:05 AMWell, that was shit.

Why?

Was the sound  bad?

Ah was only messing. Thought it was brilliant from start to finish. Legends!