Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 24, 2024, 01:48:36 PMMust have been lucky where we we were in the middle section; subdued but no fuckwittery at all. Amazing set, if anyone has it I'd like to listen to it again as a playlist.
Infinity of thoughts, wordless chamber, nightspirit,khaos,loss and curse of reverence, acclimation of bonds, strength I burn, curse you all men, majesty of the night sky, I am the black wizards, inno a satana, burning shadows of silence, entrancemperium

Deadly, nice one. Again, what a set!  :abbath:

Well holy shit what a performance by Emperor. A bucket list item finally crossed off. Ye Entrancemperium sounds absolutely colossal live and my neck is killing me from loosing it!

As for the crowd, wtf was happening there?? I was a lone man headbanging in the wind last night. Did they think an ed sheeran tribute band was playing?

Yeah, it was a fairly muted crowd reaction alright. Gig was savage, sound was grand. Head is pounding today, and I'm too afraid to check my back balance after an evening of Dublin pints.

That was an amazing gig last night.
I had resigned myself to seeing them at a festival in Europe before hearing they were playing in Dublin.
Were the tickets expensive ? Yes, and thats been talked about here already, but I'm sure no one cared how much they had paid by the 3rd song.
Hopefully the message is if you book them, the crowd will come.

Superb night. I thought the sound was good, the setlist excellent and the performance was spot on. I didn't go expecting any kind of 1993 BM magic, these are oul fellas now, the best you can hope for is a solid rendition of the classics and we got that.

I paid no heed to the crowd other than that most seemed to be age 40+ so maybe that explains what people perceived to be a lack of enthusiasm. Plenty of cheers after each song around me right down the back. I couldn't get near the front as i like to have a few pints and be able to go for a piss at a gig so no idea if it was weird towards the front.

Great to get back on the gig scene personally. Ran into lots of old faces i hadnt seen in 10 or more years and met a couple of new ones as well. Brilliant night.

Not a peep out of ochoill and astfgyl yet. making me curious what kind of night they cooked up for themselves after the gig  :laugh:

They are in the wordless chamber no doubt  :abbath:

Great show by Emperor altogether - as already noted their keyboard player was great craic. Even he couldn't resist air blasting to Tryms playing  :laugh:

Wonderful to see Ihsahn giving credence to the allure that telecaster guitars seem to have once you're past a certain age - very kvlt and trve.  ::)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 25, 2024, 09:04:27 AMNot a peep out of ochoill and astfgyl yet. making me curious what kind of night they cooked up for themselves after the gig  :laugh:
The burnt out shadows of silence

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on March 24, 2024, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 24, 2024, 01:48:36 PMAmazing set, if anyone has it I'd like to listen to it again as a playlist.
Infinity of thoughts, wordless chamber, nightspirit,khaos,loss and curse of reverence, acclimation of bonds, strength I burn, curse you all men, majesty of the night sky, I am the black wizards, inno a satana, burning shadows of silence, entrancemperium

Threw this together as a Spotify list (album versions) while procrastinating/still recovering this morning:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4fRJIM4Mv4hpNVigQtBjq3?si=a685b26ed3f0458d

Great set so it was and a strong performance.  Why is it that they never played here before? I find it a bit mad

I suppose they were all but done again Emerald/DME started operating around 99/00 - that would've been the most realistic way they could've been booked back then. They'd largely just done festivals and such since the reformation, so we can consider ourselves lucky to see them in a venue like that.