Quote from: Necro Red on March 25, 2024, 10:21:24 AMWhy is it that they never played here before? I find it a bit mad

Just speculating but would have been nobody to book them back on the IX tour and they wouldn't have played Eamon Dorans or the likes because they were doing much bigger venues on that tour especially in the US.

After that it was probably just too much of a risk to book them. Sure when we discussed them coming here on this forum back in 2022 I never would have thought they would have been close to selling out the Olympia.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 25, 2024, 09:04:27 AMNot a peep out of ochoill and astfgyl yet. making me curious what kind of night they cooked up for themselves after the gig  :laugh:
:laugh: no I actually stayed sober for the whole thing, one pint in the foggy beforehand but sure I was doing drives and dropoffs then after so a long auld haul home.  Fuckin great gig though, got to see a few songs from a booth and then was close to the desk downstairs for the back half of the set.  Thought the sound was decent, set was great, good atmosphere where we were even in at the back.  Delighted to finally see them after so many years, could have watched them for twice as long.

The other lad is so silent because he left his phone in my car so it made it the whole way back to Limerick with me but he is definitely in ribbons lol.  Himself and the two lads that came with us in the car did enough drinking to make up my deficit anyway.  Great craic out of them, plenty of arguing and tunes to keep me awake for the spin :laugh:

Quote from: ochoill on March 25, 2024, 01:16:57 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 25, 2024, 09:04:27 AMNot a peep out of ochoill and astfgyl yet. making me curious what kind of night they cooked up for themselves after the gig  :laugh:
:laugh: no I actually stayed sober for the whole thing, one pint in the foggy beforehand but sure I was doing drives and dropoffs then after so a long auld haul home.  Fuckin great gig though, got to see a few songs from a booth and then was close to the desk downstairs for the back half of the set.  Thought the sound was decent, set was great, good atmosphere where we were even in at the back.  Delighted to finally see them after so many years, could have watched them for twice as long.

The other lad is so silent because he left his phone in my car so it made it the whole way back to Limerick with me but he is definitely in ribbons lol.  Himself and the two lads that came with us in the car did enough drinking to make up my deficit anyway.  Great craic out of them, plenty of arguing and tunes to keep me awake for the spin :laugh:

lol that got me out of the woodwork! Thought they were great although the end was blurry for me. Didn't have any issue with the sound or the performance although the dead crowd deserve a mention. They are as tight as a miser as well, class musicians. Was fuckin sick enough on Sunday tbf but you'll have that I suppose! Didn't catch any of the support either

That playlist from Spotify with the songs from the concert is a brilliant idea.
It's worth taking into account how lucky we were to get them on that size venue when based upon the type of gigs they would normally play.
I hadn't considered that before.
There is always that sort of banter from the stage of thanks for having us and we hope to come back if you will have us etc.
How likely will it be that they do return?
I suppose it's based on what's offered to them close by.

There's a site setify.co that will use setlist.fm data to make a spotify playlist and save to your Spotify account. I find it handy for upcoming gigs when not familiar with a band.

Dust settled..hangover finally going..fantastic night..sound was fairly decent down the back on tye floor where we were..handy to get pints n jax..no complaints except for that godawful telecaster

I'm convinced that's not a tele but one of his signature ones shaped like a tele.

Could this gig be a contender for highest attendance by users from this site?

This gig discussion is almost like from a MI thread in its heydey!

I know. My kids are slagging me silly for being such a fanboy. Emperor this and Emperor that.

QuoteThis gig discussion is almost like from a MI thread in its heydey!

It is! Seems like there's more here at the minute or am I imagining things?

Quote from: Circlepit on March 25, 2024, 06:48:24 PMI know. My kids are slagging me silly for being such a fanboy. Emperor this and Emperor that.

Not far off ya..haven't talked about anything else since to be honest

This is the tele. It's a custom Aristredes which has a lil pinch of BM influence on the back despite its pastel lilac look  :abbath:

https://aristidesinstruments.com/gallery/t-0-lilac-pearl-satin-ihsahn-custom/

Interesting guitars though - not even made of wood but some composite material.

I told a non metal friend of mine I went to see Emperor over the weekend. He asked was it this band from Waterford after they had taken the soup?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Emperor

I thought it was funny anyways

Quote from: Vim Fuego on March 25, 2024, 07:17:35 PMThis is the tele. It's a custom Aristredes which has a lil pinch of BM influence on the back despite its pastel lilac look  :abbath:

https://aristidesinstruments.com/gallery/t-0-lilac-pearl-satin-ihsahn-custom/

Interesting guitars though - not even made of wood but some composite material.

:-*

That axe design on the back of the guitar is the official shield of Telemark, but it does coincidentally have an old school black metal look to it.