I would love to get the photo with the 3 lads but I'm at Bellator in Belfast on Friday so can't go up early and I reckon the lads will be flying in from Glasgow and staying the night in a hotel so you won't even have a tour bus or whatever that you can wait at after the show.

Last night after Cryptopsy finished Matt encouraged everyone to come over to the Merch stand for a chat that the band would be there in 5 mins but I can't see the Emperor lads doing that.

Driving up to this from Baltinglass, if anyone needs a lift - send me a PM. Can swing by Naas or Blessington en-route.

When there was fuck all tickets I was saying to a mate that didn't get one that there'd be loads before the time because who knows where they'll be that far ahead of time. Hopefully it doesn't translate to rakes of empty seats

There are still a few though the DME sales affiliates. I remember being in a blind panic when the presale was thinking I wouldn't get one.
It seems to be mostly standing tickers for sale.
Despite the amount of people having to cancel their plans it still has that big time gig feel.
That intro drum roll from Ye Entrancemperium is hopefully going to blow the roof off.

I would say even when the Alsvartr into is playing and they walk out on stage I reckon the atmosphere in the place will be unreal. I remember how excited I was about going to see them in the Astoria in London in 06 and I think this show could be even better given it's the first even Irish show.

Back when this was first announced I watched a video of an Anthems show in Chile and the crowd were going insane before they even started to play Ye Entrance

Really looking forward to this gig now and the Trym show.
Would love to hear the eruption played live but we might have to make do with wordless chamber.

Was reading the thread here with Anthems on in the background and I had to pause and ring a lad to tell him how buzzing I was for this

The only time I've seen them was at Wacken '06. Can't wait for this. I was hoping for a better support though. I would've loved to see a band like Tsjuder on the bill.

Tsjuder would have been bananas but it would have meant more merch money !

Just wish they didn't have a support. Winterfwllyth are worse than nothing. To me this is the biggest occasion in Irish metal since I got into it.

As crap as WF are, they aren't as bad as The Amenta. My word, they were an embarrassment.

I've done a bit of listening since, I'm looking forward to the Winterfylleth set. Wouldn't say I'm foaming at the mouth with excitement but struggling to link up the criticism. I've just done the first two records Ghost of Heritage and Mercian Sphere?

#252 March 21, 2024, 06:40:48 PM Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:43:36 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 20, 2024, 10:14:35 PMAs crap as WF are, they aren't as bad as The Amenta. My word, they were an embarrassment.

I saw an ad for an album by them before and I thought what the fuck is this so I listened to them and they were like a worse Fear Factory. I'll see if I can find the ad

Edit: not the actual one page ad of the time but much the same blurb:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-amenta-new-n0n-audio-teaser-posted-online

Quote from: astfgyl on March 21, 2024, 06:40:48 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 20, 2024, 10:14:35 PMAs crap as WF are, they aren't as bad as The Amenta. My word, they were an embarrassment.

I saw an ad for an album by them before and I thought what the fuck is this so I listened to them and they were like a worse Fear Factory. I'll see if I can find the ad
Very strange choice for an Emperor support!

Looking forward to this, not often we get a metal gig on a Saturday, pre-drinking is mandatory I repeat mandatory!  :abbath: