#225 March 17, 2024, 12:04:55 AM Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 12:10:00 AM by Eoin McLove
I think atmospheric is a loose enough term when it comes to BM and I wouldn't be so quick to write a band off on that description alone. To me, say, old Mystifier ,(Wicca and Goetia) or old Rotting Christ (Thy Mighty Contract specifically) could be sensibly described as atmospheric black metal compared to the more blasty and aggressive style of someone like Impaled Nazarene or Blasphemy for example. But yes, it is often shorthand for riffless, aimless crap.

Edit.  I just switched out Another Perfect Day (atmospheric Motörhead?) for Goetia 8)

Aimless is right. Maybe seeing them live will have an impact but I won't be rushing up the motorway to find out.

Standing ticket for sale in classifieds

Any guesses at a set list for this one?

It'll be Anthems and likely 3 to 4 songs from Nightside.

Anthems

Majesty
Black Wizards
Inno A Satana
Wordless Chambers
Curse You All Men
Ancient Queen/Night of the Graveless Souls

It would be great to hear Wrath of the Tyrant. After anthems probably 4 songs max as that will be just over an hour. 2 from Nightside, Curse and Wordless Chambers.

Quote from: boozegeune on March 17, 2024, 11:13:11 PMAimless is right. Maybe seeing them live will have an impact but I won't be rushing up the motorway to find out.

It'll have an impact alright. It'll turn mild disdain into passionate hatred. I've suffered them before. I'll suffer them again on Saturday to get a decent perch for Emperor.

Standing ticket for sale, PM me.

Looking forward to this now. I'd near forgotten about it having booked the ticket a year ago. I saw Emperor at Hellfest around 10 years ago doing a Nightside set. I was there in body if not in the sharpest physical and mental state, such are weekend outdoor fests for you!

Also saw them in Bergen a couple of years ago doing a mixed/best of set, if memory serves me right, alongside Enslaved and Mayhem. Sensational night. That was in Grieghallen, a large concert theatre. So I'm looking forward to the intimate confines of the Olympia of which I haven't set foot inside since Therapy? in about 1999 or 2000. I assume it hasn't really changed at all?

Handy as well for the few pints watching the Ireland match before it in the Foggy Dew. (Still a place where a few heads congregate pre gig?)  Will be in no rush in to see Winterfylleth. I was a fan when they first started playing and released the debut album but from the second album on I thought they lost it.

Roll on Saturday!

Quote from: Squigs on March 19, 2024, 08:53:53 PMStanding ticket for sale, PM me.

You having to bail out of this one man?

Yep, the missus is gonna pop at any minute.

Lot of Emperor tickets being sold, dont think ive ever seen a gig on here with so many tickets being resold.

Tickets went on sale over a year ago, inevitable it's not gonna suit many closer to the time.

Is anyone else planning on hanging around in the afternoon seeing if they can nab autographs. I have all of them except Secthdamon but I have a few bits I want signed. Any tips for the Olympia would be good.