Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2024, 09:01:39 PMWhat time do gigs usually finish at in the Olympia?.

I'll be driving up early (plan hitting the Ireland v Belgium friendly at 5 pm),plan dumping the car somewhere convenient in the city centre when i get up for getting away after the gig.

Any recommendations for parking the car for the day? Q Park is €42 the robbing cunts!

Brown Thomas Car Park. Curfew is midnight and they've an evening rate of around 12-14€. It's a 5-6min walk to the Olympia. I'll be parking there myself for that one. Just check what time the evening rate kicks in from as otherwise it'll be €4 per hour or so.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on January 28, 2024, 07:28:20 AM
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2024, 09:01:39 PMWhat time do gigs usually finish at in the Olympia?.

I'll be driving up early (plan hitting the Ireland v Belgium friendly at 5 pm),plan dumping the car somewhere convenient in the city centre when i get up for getting away after the gig.

Any recommendations for parking the car for the day? Q Park is €42 the robbing cunts!

Brown Thomas Car Park. Curfew is midnight and they've an evening rate of around 12-14€. It's a 5-6min walk to the Olympia. I'll be parking there myself for that one. Just check what time the evening rate kicks in from as otherwise it'll be €4 per hour or so.
great thanks!

Fleet Street is another good option and they do special rates for Olympia shows

I still can't believe this is happening. Never in my life did I think it possible.

Quote from: hellfire on March 14, 2024, 06:02:31 PMI still can't believe this is happening. Never in my life did I think it possible.

Haha buzzing for this too. Just saw Winterfylleth are supporting, never saw them either so this is looking like it'll be a memorable night.

Has there been any metal gigs in the Olympia before?

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on March 14, 2024, 06:57:51 PMHas there been any metal gigs in the Olympia before?

I've seen Opeth, Mastodon and Meshuggah there.

Wonder how much we'll be fleeced for a t shirt?

€40/45 seems standard these days for shirts at big shows.

This has crept up nicely!,been waiting a long time to catch them live!

They have a knack for hiring sucky support. When I saw them here last year The Amenta opened for them and they were really really fucking terrible. And Winterfylleth over there... Jesus.

Olympia is another one of those venues that seem to demand a cut on merch sales. At the Carcass and Meshuggah shows was Olympia staff selling the merch but in saying that recent merch and most emperor merch in general looks shit. I got the logo shirts a few years ago and those will do me not expecting to see anything even half decent for sale at the show.

Quote from: Naraka on March 14, 2024, 06:59:07 PM
Quote from: Blizzard Beast on March 14, 2024, 06:57:51 PMHas there been any metal gigs in the Olympia before?

Was the sound ok?

Sound was great for Meshuggah but generally hit and miss in the Olympia.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on March 14, 2024, 08:57:31 PM
Quote from: Naraka on March 14, 2024, 06:59:07 PM

Was the sound ok?

Only saw FNM there but they sounded great. Have heard a lot of lads complaining about the place though so hopefully this one won't live up to the bad rep

Surely there will be an Anthems tour type shirt?