I've seen BRMC, Dead Can Dance, Steve Earle twice. Sound was good for all of them.

I heard mixed reports about metal gigs in there with regards to the sound.

Only a week or so til this as well it really did come around quickly. I'm getting in the form now reading the thread here. Had Anthems on lately and it had been quite a while since I did but yeah fucking grand to have this coming

I thought a 'big' act like Emperor might draw an interesting support band, shame it's Winterfylleth but I guess it gives me more time to get there.

Can't wait for this, simply mad that we get Priest and Emperor on 8 days. I've a new baby, no idea how I'm getting away with it.

Really looking forward to this - last time I saw them was in a big field in north Germany in the middle of the day - daylight doesn't suit them at all  ;D

Still have a standing ticket for sale if anyone needs one.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 14, 2024, 08:36:30 PMThey have a knack for hiring sucky support. When I saw them here last year The Amenta opened for them and they were really really fucking terrible. And Winterfylleth over there... Jesus.

Winterfylleth are truly awful band. No idea how they seem to get on so many support slots and tours. Reckon they have a manager who uses mafia goons to terrify promoters.

QuoteWinterfylleth are truly awful band. No idea how they seem to get on so many support slots and tours. Reckon they have a manager who uses mafia goons to terrify promoters.

They that bad? I've only heard bits but enough to pique interest.

Necrophobic are supporting them in South America next month,another band id love to see live!

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 15, 2024, 05:01:04 PM
QuoteWinterfylleth are truly awful band. No idea how they seem to get on so many support slots and tours. Reckon they have a manager who uses mafia goons to terrify promoters.

They that bad? I've only heard bits but enough to pique interest.

I've seen them live a few times. They're woeful. They did a tour with Gaerea a while back and I left before they started. Was mad to see Gaerea.

I've never listened to Winterfylleth. Is is that bad?
Dread Sovereign toured with them last year so I presumed it would be doomy type bm.

They are bland, blasty post-BM that you might see referred to as sweeping or cinematic, which I think is code for unable to write riffs containing more than two notes.

That description is enough. If it was full on blast or full on cinematic stuff I'd delve in but now I think I'll be fine.

always enjoyed them the couple a times i saw em live

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 16, 2024, 12:13:08 PMThey are bland, blasty post-BM that you might see referred to as sweeping or cinematic, which I think is code for unable to write riffs containing more than two notes.

Is that what we call Atmospheric? Never heard a note of em myself but then I skip the support at a lot of gigs anyway

Quote from: astfgyl on March 16, 2024, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 16, 2024, 12:13:08 PMThey are bland, blasty post-BM that you might see referred to as sweeping or cinematic, which I think is code for unable to write riffs containing more than two notes.

Is that what we call Atmospheric? Never heard a note of em myself but then I skip the support at a lot of gigs anyway
Yeah technically it would be but these lads are beyond bland.