I saw the trailer and that was enough.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 09, 2024, 12:41:15 AMWatched a yoke there this evening with Liam Neeson and Colm Meaney about a hitman in 70's Donegal. Tone was all over the place and there was a really annoying bit of Woke shite shoved in there for no reason at all (well I know the reason but talk about needless in terms of the story. Like I've come to expect these things but this was particularly egregious) but still entertaining in a shite sort of way. The kids were enjoying it so I was mostly able to let go of the gaping plot holes and ham acting. Can't remember the name for the life of me either but it's on Netflix so it's likely someone on here will have seen it

In the Land of Saints and Sinners. I watched it a few months ago with a few cans. Don't think I would have stuck it out sober. Silly enough oul shite, but enjoyable.

Quote from: Count Magnus on July 09, 2024, 09:30:00 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 09, 2024, 12:41:15 AMWatched a yoke there this evening with Liam Neeson and Colm Meaney about a hitman in 70's Donegal. Tone was all over the place and there was a really annoying bit of Woke shite shoved in there for no reason at all (well I know the reason but talk about needless in terms of the story. Like I've come to expect these things but this was particularly egregious) but still entertaining in a shite sort of way. The kids were enjoying it so I was mostly able to let go of the gaping plot holes and ham acting. Can't remember the name for the life of me either but it's on Netflix so it's likely someone on here will have seen it

In the Land of Saints and Sinners. I watched it a few months ago with a few cans. Don't think I would have stuck it out sober. Silly enough oul shite, but enjoyable.

Haha, the obligatory Nigerian dude playing ceile music?. There's a running joke about it at work ( I live up here).
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Watched X last night. No brain slasher type.

I turned it off after 15 mins., bored out of my mind.

Scorsese has been singing the praises of the trilogy. I may watch the other two but no rush.

From what I sae of the first one, it looked like they were going for a Texas Chainsaw Massacre feel, the set up seems very similar anyway.

Ya, definitely. Even the promo shots were very TTCM. First half was shite but picked up a bit when the murdering started.  Next one is supposed to be a different flavour.

I'm watching through all the Nightmare on Elm street series. Finished 4: Dream master last night, first dud in the franchise. This is truly a terrible movie but falls into the so bad it's good category. Some Fun kills, Freddy at peak silliness. Would watch again.

They're wll crap after the first three, but there's some craic to be had between them.

There's a decent making of called Never Sleep Again out there, covers the first three mainly. Worth searching out.

Started watching Furiosa last night.
Watched parts 1 and 2, so far and not impressed. The CGI was very jarring. But I'm hoping the remaining parts will be more up to scratch.

Quote from: Thorn on July 09, 2024, 02:03:08 PMHaha, the obligatory Nigerian dude playing ceile music?. There's a running joke about it at work ( I live up here).

He had no part in the story whatsoever. It wasn't a deal breaker or anything because the rest of it was so silly anyway but I did let out a bit of a groan when Neeson was like "HASAN!! GET DOWN". I obviously need a small bit more conversion therapy until I come around to the correct way of looking at these things.

Anyway I threw on another film after that, a thing about laying claim to Greenland starring Jamie Lannister. Wasn't up to much really a bit of peril here and there but a fairly nothing film

#4423 July 09, 2024, 10:26:23 PM Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 10:47:21 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Carnage on July 09, 2024, 08:24:37 PMThere's a decent making of called Never Sleep Again out there, covers the first three mainly. Worth searching out.

Ah nice, I'd watch that. Must rewatch second one first though, have seen both 1 and 3 fairly recently. Was actually annoying herself only last night by making Freddie jokes during a couple of nightmare sequences in House of the Dragon  :laugh:

Quote from: Carnage on July 09, 2024, 08:24:37 PMThey're wll crap after the first three, but there's some craic to be had between them.

There's a decent making of called Never Sleep Again out there, covers the first three mainly. Worth searching out.

Never Sleep Again is brilliant.
And Crystal Lake Memories!

4+hour horror docs ftw!