#4395 June 22, 2024, 12:11:45 PM Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 12:42:04 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Don't Look Now is prob "the" Sutherland cult classic. Psychological thriller, co-stars Julie Christie. Klute with Jane Fonda also good.

Edit: That's limiting to starring roles. He's also been part of some great ensemble casts and had some quality supporting roles and cameos.

Don't Look Now is the one set in Venice? I saw it a long time ago but I remember liking it. Spooky.

Yup, that's the one. Also features in cinema lore as one of the movies with a sex scene rumored to be genuine in the sheets action between the stars. Can practically hear ye now all from here, rushing to google "where to watch Don't Look Now"  :P 

*Sutherland denies the rumour btw. Truth-teller or gentleman? You decide! :laugh:

His cameo in Backdraft was memorable. Kelly's Heroes springs to mind, as does M*A*S*H.

Just watched Taxi Driver. First time sitting down and watching it from beginning to end. One thing that jumped out is how Tarantino's first few films, dialogue wise, now just seem like variations on Scorsese's own monologue as a passenger  :laugh:

I haven't seen it in at least 20 years but that wouldn't surprise me at all. That would have been during Scorsese's coke phase too, wouldn't it?  :laugh:

Ah, didn't see your reply. Yeah, I think the, what was it, Hollywood Brats?, were all in a heavy coke phase around then!  :laugh:

Funny, was thinking about it again tonight rewatching Sexy Beast for first time since, dunno, not long after it came out. First, could happily watch movies like that til the cows came home. Definitely got way more out of it this time too. And part of that was having Taxi Driver in mind, the perfect character study of a story that is. Hadn't necessarily thought of Glazer's films as character studies before, but I'm thinking now it's a pretty important common element between them all.

Anyway, highly recommended viewing or re-viewing. So much to love about it. Under the Skin still on the pile for a re-watch too. Looking forward to it even more now.

Microcosmos: perfect for a hangover with a kid to entertain.

Wait, your hangover has a kid? What on earth were you up to??

All the best/worst hangovers have kids. They usually pop out around four or so, just when you start thinking you're grand  :laugh:

Just to twist the knife a little further  :o

And no one does that better than a kid!  :laugh:

Going to follow it up now with Honey I Shrunk The Kids actually, seems a perfect companion movie!

Just watched a short film called The Gunfighter which I'd never heard of where the cowboys in the bar can hear the narrator. Pretty funny as it goes

Finally finished that 4-part RoboCop documentary. Pushing 5 hours in total, it is, unsurprisingly, far too long. Good/great content scattered throughout, but the editing is totally random too, seemingly no logic to the order of the sequences. A real pity tbh

Watched a yoke there this evening with Liam Neeson and Colm Meaney about a hitman in 70's Donegal. Tone was all over the place and there was a really annoying bit of Woke shite shoved in there for no reason at all (well I know the reason but talk about needless in terms of the story. Like I've come to expect these things but this was particularly egregious) but still entertaining in a shite sort of way. The kids were enjoying it so I was mostly able to let go of the gaping plot holes and ham acting. Can't remember the name for the life of me either but it's on Netflix so it's likely someone on here will have seen it