Adkins is great.
Cheap and cheerful fight flicks, but he's the real deal, to be fair.

Michael Jai White kinda phoned in his performance on the second flick here, though.

Another Adkins one I watched recently was Avengement. Mental OTT stuff altogether. British crime drama crossed with ridiculous ass-kickery. Great one to watch with a couple of cans

Avengement was excellent. Enjoyed debt collector 1/2 complete ott, as said great to watch with a couple of cans.

Picked up 'Angel Heart' (1987) for 50 cents second hand, not bad. Has anyone seen it, a bit of an oddity, Alan Parker R.I.P.

Angel Heart is excellent, one of my favourites.

Saw Avengement myself recently. Shite but enjoyable shite.

Angel Heart is classic, must give it another watch soon.

Same era, watched Lair of the White Worm the other night, by Ken Russell. The Devils it definitely ain't. British schlock, nowhere near as entertaining as your average Hammer, starring Amanda Donohue plus very young Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant.

#4190 April 03, 2024, 09:47:42 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 11:24:43 PM by astfgyl
Angel Heart is great. I regularly find myself quoting the ending for different occasions, mostly to the nonplussed.

Sitting into Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City with the young lads now. I don't have high hopes

Edit: So that film is basically the first two games rolled into one and in that respect is probably the better of the movies about the games. Fair enough, you'd have to turn off your brain here and there and would probably want to have played the games to get some parts of it but still an entertaining way to pass the time with the young lads

Saw Late Night With the Devil last night. Strong recommend, I had a huge amount of fun watching it. Got some fun 80s style effects, plus a pretty nice build, and some genuine laughs. Kind of a cross between Network, King of Comedy, and any exorcism film you care to mention. Not a classic, but definitely a fun midnight movie watch and definitely one of the horrors I've enjoyed the most in recent years.

This Is Spinal Tap was released 40 years ago this week, so cranked it out again tonight. I can still pretty much laugh the whole way through it, genius.

Watched Cell last night. Slightly different take on zombies, based on a Stephen King story. Entertaining enough but nothing new.

Then fell asleep before the end of Island Zero, which was interesting enough but I feel like some shit cgi is going to come out and ruin somewhere before the end. I'll find out later if it does.

Someone shared this MEGA dl link to all Verhoeven's early Dutch films, for anyone that may interest:
https://mega.nz/folder/noljFa4D#kaMgjmQoanOLjGuhQUU86A

Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2024, 08:29:15 AMWatched Cell last night. Slightly different take on zombies, based on a Stephen King story. Entertaining enough but nothing new.

Read the book back when it came out. Wasn't one of his better efforts!

#4197 April 05, 2024, 09:56:49 PM Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 10:03:33 AM by Sworntothecans
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 05, 2024, 10:44:47 AMSomeone shared this MEGA dl link to all Verhoeven's early Dutch films, for anyone that may interest:
https://mega.nz/folder/noljFa4D#kaMgjmQoanOLjGuhQUU86A

Nice one! Been years since I watched Spetters/Turkish Delight.

The Forth Man is great, bit of a Dutch Giallo vibe to it from what I remember.

Quote from: Born of Fire on April 05, 2024, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2024, 08:29:15 AMWatched Cell last night. Slightly different take on zombies, based on a Stephen King story. Entertaining enough but nothing new.

Read the book back when it came out. Wasn't one of his better efforts!

Hadn't even heard of the book but I thought the film was not bad. Not great by any stretch but an interesting metaphor I suppose

Talk of the new Netflix series Ripley reminded me I'd never seen The Talented Mr. Ripley so watched that tonight. A great Saturday evening movie!