Quote from: Carnage on December 29, 2023, 04:48:50 PMHas anyone watched Saltburn? Didn't appeal to me at all from the blurb but a couple of people have told me it was good.

The trailer does nothing for me but I'm sure everyone will love it cause Barry Keoghan is in it.

Quote from: jobrok1 on December 29, 2023, 10:09:39 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 29, 2023, 04:48:50 PMHas anyone watched Saltburn? Didn't appeal to me at all from the blurb but a couple of people have told me it was good.

The trailer does nothing for me but I'm sure everyone will love it cause Barry Keoghan is in it.

Who?

The halfwit from Banshees of Inisherin.
He's on track to be Ireland's new Hollywood golden boy.

I watched Reptile today. Pretty good.

Quote from: jobrok1 on December 30, 2023, 09:23:47 AMThe halfwit from Banshees of Inisherin.
He's on track to be Ireland's new Hollywood golden boy.

Ah right, I didn't know his name. Thought he was English actually. Wasn't he in Dunkirk as well or am I mixing him up?

Thought it was decent but will probably never watch it again.

I gave Oppenheimer a second watch last night, enjoyed it a lot more than first time. First time I was a little too focused on following the "real" story, but second time watched it more as a movie, like no different to how you'd watch, say, Interstellar. Couple of parts dip in quality, or are a little too Hollywood, notably the whodunnit spin on the Downey Jr narrative, but overall it is a great movie, one I'll happily watch repeatedly.

Kurosawa's Ran last night. In a word, feckin' epic!  :abbath:

Watched Hell or High Water over Christmas. Fucking loved it.

Ya, great film.

Bought bluray of 'The Machine' , tis a sort of Welsh blade runner Sci fi

I watched Lego Batman this evening and thought it was really funny. So much better than I would have expected.

All those Lego movies are great. My fella has a load of then and he still loves them.

I'll have to pick up whichever outer ones there are. The humor in them is spot on. I love how Robin is a super camp Glee kid and Batman just looks at him like, what the fuck is this  :laugh:

They are all worth a look.
I bought a load of them second hand from Amazon and my 2 love them. The dynamic between Superman and Batman is always funny.