Master & Commander is superb, love it.

Intouchables , a great movie.

Bit of synchronicity here; apparently Master & Commander was released 20 years ago this week:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/nov/14/master-commander-russell-crowe-movie

I watched one called Voyagers recently, a sci fi with Colin Farrell, Lily Rose Depp and Tye Sheridan. A generational expedition to an Earthlike planet goes awry, blah blah blah. Big pile of shite, appalling acting, predictable and familiar plot, full of plot holes. Showed its low budget too. Avoid like the plague.

#3829 November 22, 2023, 03:32:01 AM Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 03:34:08 AM by Carnage
Black Panther: Girl Power Forever - just bland, as all of those Marvel ones seem to be these days.

This probably belongs here: I watched RoboDoc: The Creation Of RoboCop over the course of the evening, well worth a look if you're a fan of the film. Heavy on anecdote and lighter on technical detail than I'd have liked, but enjoyable enough. 4 episodes totalling around 5 hours but it flies by. Weller sounded very committed, shall we say.

Mad to think it was set in 1991 (confirmed in a TV spot featured here - I'd always thought 1990 but was shot down whe I mentioned it), how much did they think was going to change in 5 years?

Is that the thing with the Oreos anecdote that's been going around? I'd be interested in that alright.

Watched The Lives of Others again last night. An all round superb film.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 22, 2023, 08:22:25 AMIs that the thing with the Oreos anecdote that's been going around? I'd be interested in that alright.

Watched The Lives of Others again last night. An all round superb film.

Aye it's a great watch. Did you ever watch "The secret in their eyes" Argentinian film that won best oscar for foreign film. Stellar flick.

I see it's on my watchlist, but haven't gotten round to it. I'll give it a bump, nice one.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 22, 2023, 11:47:46 AMI see it's on my watchlist, but haven't gotten round to it. I'll give it a bump, nice one.

Its fucking class. Theres a chase in it that's insane. Everything about the film, script, acting and cinematography is glorious.

Just watched The Firm with Gary Oldman. He's superb in it, though it's kind of hard to believe him as a hooligan (just because he's so famous now and seems like such a gentleman). Probably in 1989 he was terrifying. I wonder is that where Robert Carlyle got some influence for Begbie.

I've never actually seen that, though I saw the remake when it came out. It's not very good.

I saw the remake first too and I wish I hadn't. The original is way better, but was a little bit spoiled by knowing what was going to happen in key moments by having seen the remake first.

The only part of the remake I remember is the bit with the toddler and the Stanley knife. It's implied rather than shown but jaysus...

Went to Napoleon this morning. Good show but,  as ever, way too long for my attention span. I conked out for a bit in the middle. There's a lot of story to tell so I get it, but it might have been better suited to do a Netflix series and develop the characters more, I'm thinking specifically Josephine's character. She seemed like a complicated person but we didn't get much of a sense of her and her influence over him. Still, worth a look.

A Bridge too Far
Rear Window
Spellbound
Shampoo
All are good, except Shampoo.