#3781 October 31, 2023, 08:42:35 AM Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:45:51 AM by jobrok1
The entire Blob 1988 movie is on YouTube

https://youtu.be/VJZT1srWii4?si=b4La--LIBaDILftI

#3782 October 31, 2023, 06:25:32 PM Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 06:46:05 PM by Mooncat
Just got back from Alcatraz so had to watch Escape From Alcatraz and The Rock. Both great (overwhelming Hollywood popcorn slick dumbness of Michael Bay movies excepted...).

Sean Connery is radiating monster star power in that one.

Birdman Of Alcatraz should be next, for the craic.

My uncle went there in the '80s, I have a picture of him hamming it up in a cell on the mantlepiece.

Crimson Peak. Guillermo del Toro, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, ghost story... on paper should be good, but a massive mehhhh. Don't bother.

That was a letdown alright, but you've rwminded me that I started Cabinet Of Curiosities and promptly forgot about it after the first episode, must get back to it.

Watched The Black Phone during the week. It was alright, I'd read the short story so knew where it was going, they didn't change much for the film. The masks were a nice touch, ridiculous though they were.

My Halloween night horror film this year was the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the Donald Sutherland one). Holy fuck I enjoyed it so much. Hadn't seen it in years and I enjoyed it the whole way through. Great sense of dread, foreboding, and hopelessness. Surprisingly good effects, great score, great acting, really enjoyed it.

Also forgot it was set in San Francisco, which is nice since I was just there so I got to play the whole, "I was just there! I just saw that!" game.

Did anyone else have a horror film on Halloween?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 02, 2023, 08:45:43 AMCrimson Peak. Guillermo del Toro, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, ghost story... on paper should be good, but a massive mehhhh. Don't bother.

Absolute and utter scutter.

Quote from: Mooncat on November 02, 2023, 07:47:28 PMDid anyone else have a horror film on Halloween?

Not a film as such but I had the original Salem's Lot on that night alright. I was wrecked so was nodding off about halfway through the first part and headed to bed. It's on again at the weekend so might finish it, some great spooky stuff in it for a TV miniseries, scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Hellraiser 1 & 2

Went to see The Omen in the cinema the other night. Absolutely savage.

Love The Omen so much. New version or something?

Quote from: Carnage on November 02, 2023, 08:37:23 PM
Quote from: Mooncat on November 02, 2023, 07:47:28 PMDid anyone else have a horror film on Halloween?

Not a film as such but I had the original Salem's Lot on that night alright. I was wrecked so was nodding off about halfway through the first part and headed to bed. It's on again at the weekend so might finish it, some great spooky stuff in it for a TV miniseries, scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Yeah the whole, "Loook at meeee" part is a classic. Still effective now! The guy acts the shit out of it.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on November 02, 2023, 10:27:07 PMHellraiser 1 & 2

There's still just nothing else like Hellraiser

Caught Killers of the Flower Moon yesterday. Long but pretty good, typical late Scorcese film, dropped right into the period. Didn't mind the runtime.

What I did mind was the mongo slurping one of those slushy drinks for the entire 3 and a half hours. Straw scraping and ice shaking included.

The Place Beyond the Pines last night. Fairly epically not what I was expecting, recommended though. Excellent ensemble cast and performances across the board are superb.