Watched Raw tonight, same director as Titane. I think Raw is a bit better, didn't really think that much of Titane as a film. Idea was good.

Quote from: Mooncat on October 25, 2023, 01:10:39 AM
Quote from: Massey Ferguson on October 24, 2023, 10:26:09 AMGood article here for anyone looking for some bonkers 80's horror: http://bleedingskull.com/bleeding-skull-50-the-best-trash-horror-films-of-the-1980s/

Great article, thanks! I thought I'd seen a lot of 80s horror, but I haven't seen half of those!

I highly recommend The Deadly Spawn if you haven't seen it. It's a low budget film about an alien slug who crash-lands in a basement. The plot and dialogue are great, and there's a charm to the cheap special effects.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 23, 2023, 11:28:48 AMRe-watched "The Third Man" before my upcoming trip to Vienna. Absolutely visual

Just back from Vienna actually, loved the place. My meagre budget didn't allow me to do the sewer tour but I did see the Ferris Wheel (bring cash and go on the nearby ghost train for me). There's some form of Third Man museum too I believe.

Anyone doing Horrorthon?I'll be in for To Fire You Come At Last, and maybe the secret film or Suitable Flesh

Watched two films last night. First was I Like Movies which was a sort of teen coming of age thing that I thought was going to be a comedy but was just drama and not great at all.

Second was Candyland, which was far more interesting and I hadn't a clue what that was going to be about but the box just plays the next one in the list automatically so I left it on. Horror/ black comedy that was not bad at all and reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on

Watched The Pope's Exorcist there. Jesus, what a pile of shit. Every possession/exorcism movie cliche you can think of is thrown into the mix, and consistently badly. Shite effects don't help either.

Watched From Beyond last night. It was fun in a short story kinda way, but not a patch on The Blob  :abbath:

One of the JB Hifis around here has a big horror collection so I'll have to see if The Blob is there. Long long time since I saw it but all this talk has me eager to see it again. The one image that I have retained from that film is a body on a morgue slab, and they pull down the sheet. The bottom half of the body is a gooey melted looking mess... is that a real memory or am i confusing it with that time they sent the priest over to exorcise me... holy communion I think they called it.

No that's the one alright, holy communion.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 26, 2023, 11:55:53 AMOne of the JB Hifis around here has a big horror collection so I'll have to see if The Blob is there. Long long time since I saw it but all this talk has me eager to see it again. The one image that I have retained from that film is a body on a morgue slab, and they pull down the sheet. The bottom half of the body is a gooey melted looking mess... is that a real memory or am i confusing it with that time they sent the priest over to exorcise me... holy communion I think they called it.

Yeah that's communion indeed but there is a very similar scene in The Blob. I was haunted by it as a young lad used to often think of it coming up the plughole at me. Must lash it on for the young lads this evening, they keep asking me to put on scary films to get on the Halloween buzz but I don't want any gore.i think this'll do nicely

I watched Elvis last night. Good show, if a bit drawn out at the end. The manager was some fucking piece of work. I thought Hanks played him brilliantly. And the dude playing Elvis was sensational, it must be said.

I was looking at buying The Blob on DVD but the only copies I see available are coming from the US and I'm not willing to pay mad money so I'll wait and see if it shows up somewhere. I know I would only spend $100 on it to see it in an op shop two weeks later for $2.

Lol would you believe I went looking for a stream of the Blob this eve hoping to show the young lads (2 × 8 year olds) something to haunt their dreams for the foreseeable but I couldn't find it anywhere not even on the dodgy box. I guess it's just not meant to be

Quote from: astfgyl on October 28, 2023, 12:16:55 AMLol would you believe I went looking for a stream of the Blob this eve hoping to show the young lads (2 × 8 year olds) something to haunt their dreams for the foreseeable but I couldn't find it anywhere not even on the dodgy box. I guess it's just not meant to be

PM sent.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 28, 2023, 01:06:12 AMTorrent it.

I honestly keep forgetting I can simply torrent films

Bflix had everything for streaming.